• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please Share Your Success with Bs...

chilove

Hey all,

Since this is still all a bit overwhelming and confusing I'd love to hear some success stories. What have y'all healed with the B protocols?

Who is feeling better now? :)

I'd especially like to hear if any one has been able to reduce food allergies and sensitivities as that is my biggest health challenge presently.

Thanks so much!

Audrey

Freddd

Hey all,

Since this is still all a bit overwhelming and confusing I'd love to hear some success stories. What have y'all healed with the B protocols?

Who is feeling better now? :)

I'd especially like to hear if any one has been able to reduce food allergies and sensitivities as that is my biggest health challenge presently.

Thanks so much!

Audrey

HI Audrey,

I had no food allergies, lots of food sensitivities. I had seasonal allergies, asthma, MCS etc. I was sensitive to almost all laundry products, shampoo, body wash etc. Now virtually all of that is gone, disapperaed in the first few years on the protocol as I healed. Some would come back and go away etc with the paradoxical folate deficiency. I can eat anything I like except for dairy. Before mb12 nothing made a difference, after mb12 only getting rid of dairy made a difference. Good luck.

chilove

That is awesome Fredd! Thanks so much for sharing. That is very encouraging. I CANT WAIT to get to that point and to be able to eat again after 10 years of only being able to eat raw fruit and some raw vegetables..

So far a week and half into it I've already noticed more physical energy and stamina and an overall feeling of being better "balanced" if that makes sense. And I've been in a better mood. :)

Thanks so much!

Crux

Hi Audrey;
I could probably list almost every symptom of B12 deficiency that Freddd has compiled.... And I am feeling immeasurably better. I would describe the fatigue I had as that of wearing a veil of chain mail. Although I have a ways to go with fatigue, ( First to show, last to go), my general health over all is much improved. I've even been able to eat some blue cheese and have the occasional glass of red wine. I only wish that I could have figured this out years ago,but in all, I'm glad to be alive, which I couldn't honestly say in the past. Even though 4 yrs. ago, when I was looking up methylcobalamin and came upon Freddd's posts about it, ( I should have read more and followed better), it still took until a year ago to realize that I need alot of Mb12,Folate, and certain cofactors to survive and function. Am I ever greatful to this site and all the folks that contribute!

Rosebud Dairy

I have only been back on the Full Active protocol for about 6 weeks, while leaving out folic acid, and getting my methylfolate right before meals, and while carefully carefully watching potassium, and the fatigue is virtually gone, my exercise tolerance has increased. I am still getting sick a lot, and when I get sick, I stay sick for a while, especially with a cold, sinus infection, or stomach virus, but I am watching for this to improve over time.

Waiting for MCS headache and symptoms to die down, but I have had this for a very long time, but I can wait.

Many many symptoms from Freddd's Big List I have marked off. Neuropathy is going away also.

I am even getting back a lot of my musicality - tuning, timing, voice - huge things I thought were just really really gone.

Freddd

I have only been back on the Full Active protocol for about 6 weeks, while leaving out folic acid, and getting my methylfolate right before meals, and while carefully carefully watching potassium, and the fatigue is virtually gone, my exercise tolerance has increased. I am still getting sick a lot, and when I get sick, I stay sick for a while, especially with a cold, sinus infection, or stomach virus, but I am watching for this to improve over time.

Waiting for MCS headache and symptoms to die down, but I have had this for a very long time, but I can wait.

Many many symptoms from Freddd's Big List I have marked off. Neuropathy is going away also.

I am even getting back a lot of my musicality - tuning, timing, voice - huge things I thought were just really really gone.

Hi Rosebud,

My ex-wife mentioned this "timing" thing with some vitamins. She was concert msitress in college. I got my voice back. It had gotten all raspy and uncontrollable. Now it is back to my smooth first tenor.