Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please Share What to Avoid At Dentist

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by GypsyA, May 29, 2015.

1. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    I have the following mutations/issues. Can you please share with me what I need to avoid, be careful of when having dental work done? I'm going to have the amalgams removed (biological dentist), and there will be at least one crown put on.

Thanks for your help!! I'm worried about becoming more unwell, so I figured I'd ask...I remember there are certain things that are to be avoided with specific mutations, but I can't recall what they are and what mutations to look at for issues at the dentist.

Love,

Wendi

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Most of us need to avoid any anesthetics that contain epinephrine. I ask for carbocaine.

Best wishes with this!
    Sushi

alex3619, Valentijn, GypsyA and 2 others like this.
  3. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
    I agree with Sushi -- I had to get a filling replaced and the anesthetic caused my heart rate to increase and I felt like I was going to panic. I talked to my dentist and she agreed the the epinephrine based anesthetic was wrong for me.

Sushi likes this.
  4. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    I didn’t know that. Over ten years ago, (when my ME was mild but I didn’t know it yet) I had a reaction to some sort of power injection of lidocaine with epinephrine - tachy, tremors, sweating, etc. (I’ve had the same response to epi for anaphylaxis, but it’s been in hospital settings)

Never again at the dentist.

5. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    Great to know!!! Thanks so much! If anyone else knows of other things I should be careful of, please share. We can all learn. :)

Thanks!

Love,

Wendi

6. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Even my dermatologist respects my request for lidocaine without epinephrine. He asked why and I said it affects my autonomic nervous system. He said, well, we don't want that!

SDSue likes this.
  7. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    Hi @GypsyA
    I had a local anaesthetic at the dentist for a simple procedure a couple of months ago and I felt a lot worse for about two weeks after that.

I read about epinephrine being the culprit but as I didn't ask my dentist what exactly was in the anaesthetic I am not sure what caused it.

Good luck!

8. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    I'm definitely staying away from the epinephrine after everything shared, so far. My heart is already having issues...actually skipping/stopping for one beat (electrical issues?). So, I don't need anymore potential challenges. Thanks!

9. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

+/+COMT generally benefits from magnesium supplementation.

GypsyA likes this.
  10. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    And as discussed exhaustively, CBS C699T is a non-issue. :lol:

I wish Yasko would change this one, it makes everyone concerned. :(

-J

Valentijn likes this.
  11. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    Hi Jaime,

I didn't see anyone mention CBS C699T. Are you saying that's the one connected with the epinephrine?

12. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

No, I mean I noticed it in your list of homozygous ++ results in your signature thingie. :)

-J

Valentijn and GypsyA like this.
  13. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

@GypsyA , thanks so much for starting this discussion! My mom just came back from the dentist dizzy and shaky with heart palps. She has some kind of chronic fatiguing... thing as well (it's not as characteristically ME as my ME?). Anyway, I wouldn't have known about the epi without this thread. <3

-J

Valentijn and Sushi like this.
  14. GypsyA

GypsyA

USA
    @JaimeS Sorry your mom had that issue, but good to know what caused it.

15. jason30

jason30 Senior Member

The Netherlands
    What about the fillings, I have heard that composite is recommended. Any advice / experiences on fillings?

See more popular forum discussions.