The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please send birthday cards to Karina Hansen

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Dreambirdie, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    November 7th 2015 is Karina Hansen's birthday, her third birthday as a hostage of the psychiatrist Per FInk and the Danish state. We encourage everyone who is able to please send her a birthday card. And also, if you can, please send a note of support to her parents... at the addresses below.

We encourage you to put birthday stickers on the back of the envelope, to make it clear that it is a birthday card. And also, writing your address with the name of your COUNTRY in big letters is encouraged as well.

Card to Karina goes here: Karina Hansen, Tagdækkervej 10, 8450 Hammel, Denmark.

Card to Karina's parents goes here: Per and Ketty Hansen, Kløvermarken 8, 7500 Holstebro, Denmark.

Info on postage is in the meme below.

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

12108046_10153337942404751_7844248379108095985_n.jpg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    AndyPandy, Asa, sarah darwins and 8 others like this.
  2. Dreambirdie

N. California
    @leela or anyone else who is up to the task: If you could please babysit this thread for me and bump it up regularly, I would really appreciate it. I am too ill right now to do it myself. thanks!

rosie26, Countrygirl and Apple like this.
  3. Dreambirdie

N. California
  4. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Do you have a link to her story? I haven't heard about her before, but I'm not in every loop, thanks.

5. Dreambirdie

N. California
    I am too ill to offer much info now. If you google you will find more.
    These are older stories, but they give the basic facts.

http://www.diagnosticrights.org/1491-2/karina-hansens-painful-fight-for-justice/
    http://valerieeliotsmith.com/2014/07/01/karina-hansen-prisoner-of-denmark/
    http://voicesfromtheshadowsfilm.co....ibly-taken-from-her-home-update-may-2013-9th/

If you join this group on Facebook, you can get the most recent updates on Karina's story.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/499460126901603/

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. ScottTriGuy

ScottTriGuy Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Toronto, Canada
    Thank you.

Her story is shocking and makes me fearful for my own safety.

Our freedom is always precarious...even in 'developed' Denmark.

7. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

I can't believe this is still going on. How much longer until she's allowed to have her freedom?

8. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    I also find it astonishing this is still going on. It depresses me. Poor girl.

rosie26 and mango like this.
  9. Snookum96

Snookum96 Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    I will send her a birthday card. Her story is devastating. I can't believe this kind of thing happens in this day and age.

rosie26 likes this.
  10. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    They now claim she has brain damage. The dogmatic conclusion to that is she will be permanently institutionalized. Its going to take a fight to free her.

We need an electronic card version. Many of us will really struggle to get a physical card and post it. I would. This most likely will go via the family.

Valentijn and Effi like this.
  11. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Asa likes this.
  12. Asa

Asa Senior Member

From the Facebook link above, "...one of the important points discussed is that the person who is now guardian of Karina Hansen was the acting police chief when she was forcibly removed. This could present a conflict of interest that is not addressed in court..."

!!!

Also -- It seems there was some concern last year that staff might (force) read the cards aloud in one sitting, despite the pain of sensory overload. Do we know if this was a problem? Or were there ideas of how to handle it (as a possible problem)?

Thanks!

13. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Why would brain damage mean that she should be kept under Per Fink's 'care'?

What a nightmare.

Thanks for all the updates. Sounds terrible.

halcyon, Valentijn and Sidereal like this.
  14. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Bumping this up. Please send cards. Thank you.

15. Keela Too

Keela Too Sally Burch

N.Ireland
    My card for this year is away. :D

16. Dreambirdie

N. California
    Just bumping this up as a reminder. Karina's birthday is November 7th, the address is in the first post.

Karina's mother recently forced herself in to visit Karina for 30 seconds, and saw that Karina is in very bad shape, brain damaged from the psych treatments. Very bad news!

Please send her a card. And thank you!

17. Effi

Effi Senior Member

Europe
    Is there anyone who knows how to start up an electronic card signing? I have no idea, but I'd sign it. No strength to send a real one sadly, but I'd love to send some support somehow.

18. Aurator

Aurator Senior Member

Does anyone know what legal representation Karina's family have had access to? Has there been a mental health tribunal at any stage to arbitrate the matter of her detention? I believe Nigel Speight offered to review Karina's condition but his offer was rejected by the Danish authorities.

The argument that Karina's detention is for her own good is one of the nastiest examples of disingenuousness to come out of a (supposedly) democratic country in recent times.

beaker likes this.
  19. mango

mango Senior Member

Aurator likes this.
  20. mango

mango Senior Member

"URGENT Please sign this letter to the Danish PM

Michael Evison has written this letter to the Danish Prime Minister pleading for the release of Karina Hanson back into the care of her parents.

There is a court case coming up soon, and it is possible that with multiple signatures from around the world, that we could influence the outcome for Karina.

Please add your real name and country to the comments below [the linked blog] post, so that Michael can easily compile the signatories to send to the Danish Prime Minister.

Deadline for signatures: Midnight on Thursday 29th October (GMT)"

Continue reading here:
    http://sallyjustme.blogspot.se/2015/10/karina-hansen-please-sign.html

(I created a new thread for this here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...ter-to-the-danish-pm-deadline-29th-oct.40802/)

Dreambirdie likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.