1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please see ERV Blog 23rd March March 2010 and respond.

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by JAS, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Koan

Koan Be the change.

I'm joining Grace, joining Adam joining Teej and everyone else
    :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I love that guy :innocent1:

:hug:
  2. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I just sent her a comment - focused entirely on her hostility - I wonder if she will post it. I questioned whether she used to experiment on live animals when she was little. I think she's got a real problem. I would never hire anyone like that.
  3. Mark

Mark Acting CEO

Sofa, UK
    To clarify my point: I'm not saying that actually debating the science with her is going anywhere (the other readers/posters/cohort of imaginary friends seem to know nothing and contribute nothing on the science, presumably because they know nothing about it by definition, given that they're there in the first place). I'm just saying that one or two highly selective and high quality science-based rebuttals go a long way to making the whole page more helpful to us in the eyes of anyone who stumbles across it. Arguments, insults and complaining about her unpleasant nature does us no favours because she just thrives on that and ends up painting us in a bad light. It's important that a good quality scientific counter position is presented on threads like these (there normally is at least one, from what I've seen), for the neutrals and uninformed who stumble across these pages; her google ratings do seem to be pretty high...:(
  4. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    Ok Mark, you are right there, point taken.

On the other hand, since she is moderating posts now....
  5. Robin

Robin Guest

Has anyone thought to complain to her blog bosses? I came across a different article from that same network -- it was actually a good one.

Here they are: http://seedmediagroup.com/

Write to them here: editorial@scienceblogs.com

Their little write up about how they pick their bloggers:

However, she's gotten a lot of comments and page hits off of XMRV/CFS so they might not care.
  6. fred

fred The game is afoot

Complaints have been sent to the Legal Counsel Department of ERV's university rather than the blog network.

See more popular forum discussions.