1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please remember.. we arent all the same!

Discussion in 'General Symptoms' started by taniaaust1, Nov 2, 2011.

1. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
    Sometimes people get irritated at things they do themselves. Human nature. But they could try to be patient.

My memory's always bad, sometimes it's worse. I try to look at the bright side--you forget negative things.

2. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Thanks Tania.

I was taking B12 with biotin at one time, and all around I did feel better. I also had thick nails and my hair around my temples was growing back. I should search for some with smaller pills.

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    It really amazes me at times when I hear others with ME speak of their memory issues as most of us have the same kind of strange memory loss. eg I too if I forgot a shopping list can often still remember more then half of the list... but something which should be simple eg just remembering to take the library books Im taking out to the car when Im going to the library, I'll end up leaving them home.

I do that exact thing.. and tell people I havent had a symptom in ages.. and then the next day or I'll remember myself a short time later, that I actually had that symptom only a few days ago (Ive done that at this site a lot, I probably confuse people a lot).
    My memory makes it so one really cant trust what Im saying. I also give my doctors the wrong impression on what is going on, as often cant remember things, so they often never really hear what things have been like.

4. u&iraok

u&iraok Senior Member

U.S.
    It is really strange to have memory problems. It's like you think having a bad memory is just not remembering until something or someone recalls it and you say, 'oh, yeah, I remember.' But forgetting things completely like they never happened? Important things? That's so weird.

It's so true that people can't trust what we're saying. I have similar experiences like your migraine experience. And I am now losing some older memories which is really scary. I thought those were in some locked untouchable vault in the brain.

5. Gavman

Gavman Senior Member

Sydney
    Hi Tania,

It sucks that you felt low due to it. I think oftentimes i blame myself when someone says they dont like something about me. But we're all entitled to forget things and be angry and be sad. Or whatever else comes up. Its difficult to process due to our low state though. I struggle with judgemental people myself, but its their view of the world. So the good part is we dont have to be them 24/7 :p

Cheers,
    Gavin

taniaaust1 likes this.
  6. CAcfs

CAcfs Senior Member

The reason I had gotten *slightly* frustrated was because you had been what I perceived as judgmental, when I was talking about how I had a hard time getting up in the morning and needed coffee to function, but that I couldn't mix up my powdered supplement I needed to take 30 min before the coffee, without the coffee, because I was too drowsy. You just acted really shocked and made a few comments, and it hurt my feelings.

Then later on, I was pretty sure you weren't listening at all to what I was saying, because you were typing way more than me, kind of typing about yourself and disregarding my comments, which were about what you were talking about anyways...POTS.... and when I said a few things that I was sure you would have commented on if you read them, because they were something you would have wanted to know, you said nothing. So later on, I finally said, "Did you see what I said above? I said that like 3 times tonight." In no way was I trying to comment on your memory.....my perception was just that you hadn't read what I said in the first place. So I was frustrated not with your memory, but with you not even reading what I was saying. That is where the frustration was coming from.

I'm sorry this upset you so much, but it really upset me too, frankly. I actually felt very hurt, and stayed away from this site for awhile. I don't feel like your perception of what happened matches how I saw the conversation at all.

7. CAcfs

CAcfs Senior Member

Also, just wanted to say that I debated if I should leave my last post up, but I decided to, because I was so upset, that I really felt I needed to vent too, and that bringing this up was the only way I'd be able to move past it too, and enjoy chat. If you want me to take my post down, I will. I wasn't sure if I should PM you alone, or if this is better, since you started the topic anyways.

I am very sorry that my attitude, or what I said, hurt you so much. Please accept my apology. I think it was a case of two sick people with strong personalities, who weren't having a good night, clashing. I really hope we can just move past it, forgive each other, and be friends. I am sorry you are having such a hard time with your memory and everything else. It sounds awful. I really feel for you. I didn't mean to hurt you in my post above, but I really felt I needed to let you know exactly how things happened from my perspective, in order to be honest, so we can move on from this.

Again, really sorry for hurting you. I had no idea me being "short" with you would be that upsetting, and if I knew, I wouldn't have said anything, because it isn't worth hurting someone else who is sensitive. I felt pushed, so I pushed back, but I assumed that maybe you were stronger than you are, and wouldn't have meant to hurt you. The reason I logged off so quickly that night was because I was actually pretty upset and just needed a break.

See more popular forum discussions.