• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please Read and Comment - Perinea Canaliculus and Sizofiran

Andrew

I was searching Google but have to stop for now. Head spinning. I'm having trouble figuring out if we can actually get this stuff.

Any thoughts on the below:

TREATMENT WITH PERNA CANALICULUS AND D-GLUCAN OF CFS PATIENTS: RESTORATION OF NK ACTIVITY AND IMPROVEMENT OF CLINICAL SYMPTOMS - O. YUN, Y. OKUBO, K. TESHIGAWARA, A. UCHIDA

Radiation Biology Center, Kyoto University, Japan

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is characterized by persisting debilitating fatigue and neuropsychiatric abnormalities. No effective therapy has been established.

In the present study we investigated immunological functions in patients with CFS and evaluated the therapeutic efficacy of the New Zealand green-lipped mussel extract perinea canaliculus (seatone) and S-1,3-D-glucan of Basidiomycetes Schizophyllum commune Frie sizofiran.

Vast majority of CFS patients had depressed blood natural killer (NK) activity, especially against virus-infected targets, elevated serum interleukin 2 (IL-2) levels and increased spontaneous DNA synthesis of blood lymphocytes. While lysis of tumor targets by NK cells required protein tyrosine phosphorylation, NK-mediated lysis of virus-infected targets was independent on Ca influx. NK cells were not activated by IL-2, though they expressed normal levels of a and s-chain of IL-2 receptors, to, which IL-2 effectively bound. Stimulation with failed to transduce signals in NK cells of CFS patients. CFS patients received daily oral administration of perinea canaliculus or sizofiran.

After 4-8 weeks of the treatment the patients showed an improvement of NK activity, acquisition of IL-2 responsiveness, and normalization of spontaneous DNA synthesis of lymphocytes and serum IL-2 levels. Following these immunological improvement, approximately 80 % patients completely or partially recovered from debilitating fatigue, neuropsychologic complaints and other associated symptoms. There was a close association between the improvement of host immunity and clinical symptoms.

These results suggest that perinea canaliculus and sizofiran may be effective therapeutic agents for patients with CFS and suggest the involvement of NK cells in the clinical course of CFS.

http://www.ncf-net.org/conference/firstwoldabstracts.htm

alex3619

Hi Andrew, green lipped mussel extract (seatone) is a standard treatment for rheumatoid arthritis here in Australia and New Zealand. It is readily available. However, this means that many ME/CFSers should have tried it - and I have not heard glowing reports. I am intrigued enough that I want to try it though - I will not know if I don't try.

Bye
Alex

Andrew

My guess is the second ingredient (sizofiran) made the big difference. It is used as an immune modulator in Japan for the treatment of cancer. It has been found to boost NK cells and other immune functions.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Hi, One of the defining tests when I was diagnosed in 1996 was NK cells which was really off (sorry don't remember the numbers). I'm very curious to see if anyone has tried this. Does the sizofiran come in the seatone? Thanks

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Thanks. I'm totally clueless as to what this is and how it relates to the Seatone. Hey I have CFS so no surprise I don't get this! But you can get Seatone in the US so I'll put that on my To Get list.