• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please interpret!

Hello, I haven't posted in this form in probably about a year, but a lot has happened in my life. Now, for the past several months, I have had on-going depression and total lack of energy, which I believe is what got me on nicotine. Mainly those e-cigarettes, which are not good for you. I never did like the smell of smoke. Coffee in the morning to get going, and now I am getting really tired of it.

I stopped supplementing with b-vitamins for a while because I just couldn't handle the detox, or I would get too jittery, anxious, or sometimes I did it right. I know one supplement that always put me in a good mood was this one, but I found out that I shouldn't take it everyday, and I only took 1 out of the 2 capsules.
Country Life Advanced Co-enzyme B complex - http://www.country-life.com/store/coenzyme-b-complex-advanced

Well, then after talking with a nd, he recommended methylguard, and said that was better for me.

I have posted on here before, but felt like I needed to get started again, as yesterday, for my fatigue, and everything. He did say my folate and b12 levels are extremely down again. I just wish I could find a balance on this, so what are the recommendations here do you think for me.

Here is my results from a year ago, on my methylation process. I wish I understood this better!

Attachments

• methylation.jpg
    methylation.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 36

Sherpa

Ex-workaholic adrenaline junkie
Your methylation genes look pretty good! I don't see any major causes for alarm.

PeterPositive

Plus... it's probably best to asses proper functioning from specific functional tests than genes. Genes alone just indicate tendencies that may or may not express during the course of a lifetime.