• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please help

HI friends,

I don't know what to do anymore cause I'm so sick and have been for a very long time. This is my first time posting but I read here a lot. I have CSF, a bunch of virus's, connective disease issue,mental problems which I am on medication for,Lyme disease. I feel as my body doesn't detox properly and that might have a lot to do with my problems. I feel like I can't, and don't know if I want to go on anymore.

Can you guys help me by looking at my worst snp's and help me determine how to help myself. Also, I just found out I'm in menopause and planing on trying bioidentical hormones for that. I react to everything I try, even supplements cause severe anxiety.
Please help me if you can. I'm desperate! Thank you. Here are some of my snp's.

BHMT-08 het, CBS-rs2851391- het, CBS-A360A- het, COMTH62H-++,COMTV158M-++,
COMTP199P-+\-,MTHFR-A1298c+\-, MTHFR C677T+\-,MTHFR P39P+\-, 5 more MTHFR's but I don't know if they're important. MAOA +\+, MTHFD1+\+, MTRR K350A+\-, VDRTag+\-

I really don't know if the other's are important so I'll end it there. Thank you for reading all this!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to ask. Do most with COMT take B12 and Methylfolate, with no problem? I believe I'm Overmethylated due to a low histamine blood test. Should I avoid methyl's? I get overstimulated from them. Thanks again

taniaaust1

I can only speak for myself, I have a double copy of the COMT mutation but take methyl B12 and active folate (folinic acid) for my double copy of the worst MTHFR mutation. In my own case they help.