1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please help with 23andMe results

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by trev343, Mar 25, 2014.

1. trev343

trev343

Wilmington, North Carolina
    Homogenous Results

CBS C699T ++
    VDR Taq ++
    MAO A R297R ++
    MTHFR A1298C++

Heterogenous Results

COMT V158M +-
    COMT H62H +-
    MTHFR 03 P39P +-
    MTRR K350A +-
    MTRR A664A +-
    BHMT-02 +-
    BHMT-08 +-
    CBS A360A +-

Please help me with a protocol and plan to help me.

I have been recently diagnosed with Chron's disease and Hypothyroidsm. Both are doing better but still have terrible fatigue, brain fog, muscle soreness, depression and hairloss.

Thank for any help I get!
    victoriana likes this.
  2. trev343

trev343

3. Aileen

Aileen Senior Member

Canada
    Trev, I know you need to address the CBS mutation first. I have that too and am still trying to figure out how to go about it. :( I can smell ammonia and sulfur coming out of me so I know I have a problem. Not sure whether the cause is a bacterial infection (likely) and how much is from the CBS mutation.
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    There might be a relatively mild B12 issue, due to the MTRR heterozygous variations. MTHFR looks fine, and the CBS SNPs can be ignored - they are mildly beneficial and have never ever been shown to cause any harm whatsoever. Due to slow COMT and MOAO, you might tolerate hydroxoB12 better than methylB12.

But really, there's not a lot going on there. If you want to look for other mutations, I've got threads in this subforum entitles "Interesting MTHFR variations" or "Interesting MAO variations", etc. There's also a program at http://sourceforge.net/projects/analyzemygenes/ which you can download and use to get a list of your rarest SNPs.
    victoriana likes this.
  5. trev343

trev343

6. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Yeah, I don't doubt that some people have ammonia issues. But they aren't related to the Yasko CBS SNPs :p Which makes the Yasko treatment for them somewhat dubious.
    victoriana likes this.
  7. trev343

trev343

8. Valentijn

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Dunno really. I guess you could try B12 and see if it helps. You can also look into your rare genes with the link I gave above. There's also other sites which have more methylation-related SNPs.
  9. trev343

trev343

got Chron's in March after heavy antibiotic use and Aldara Cream a few months prior.. energy still felt great until october... started going downhill, by January couldn't get out of bed much.. sore muscles, brainfog, fatigue, hairloss, depression... was hypotyhroid... found out I have high reverse T3. felt a little better after switcting from synthroid to armour, and feel a little better switching from armour to t3 only to clear out reverse T3... been on t3 only for 1.5 weeks. what would you guess is causing my problems? my mutations are listed on my thread... i just wanted to start lifting again! lol @xks201

See more popular forum discussions.