• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please Help, Neuropathy Getting bad.

aprilk1869

Recently, younger people in their 20s are getting an ALS diagnosis. What else happened recently? I believe energy drinks were invented.

Apparently some soft drinks in America also contain brominated vegetable oil (BVO) which in itself can cause major health problems.

"After consuming several drinks daily containing BVO, some people have reported symptoms including loss of muscle coordination, memory loss, headache and fatigue, according to a study published this summer by the University of Hohenheim, Stuttgart, Germany."

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...t_removing_chemical_from_canadian_drinks.html

Freddd

I would like to address neuropathies. From how they feel it's often difficult to tell if they are peripheral in the sense of happening distally to the peripheral nerves to happening in the cord with demyelinations with sub acute combined degeneration. A person can have either or both. They tell a person different things and the CNS problems are a lot more difficult to have improvement in. All sorts of neurotoxins are out there. I had lots of central and peripheral nerve problems. Currently some are under better control than others but all are massively better than 10 years ago (peripheral) or central (5 years ago).