The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

please help me write to Richard Branson

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by knackers323, Oct 6, 2015.

1. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

Hi people is there a good writer out there that is up to writting a letter to Richard Branson or someone similar asking them to get involved in getting some proper exceptance and research into cfs/me.

Maybe if we coukd write a draft letter which we coukd then send to everyone we can think of that is in a position to help.

We could either get one ketter with many signatures or just bambard them with individual letters.

We have to do something, we have been very patient for a very long time and are sikently losing our lives.

I just read some of @Derek Conklin story and it is a total disgrace that society, medical profession, governments allow this sort of thing to happen. And Derek is far from the only one. I've read of children going through the same thing and nothing gets done, meanwhile millions of dollars get wasted/spent every year on illnesses and causes that are much less extreme and less deserving than CFS.

When will this end? At the moment, as positive as I try to remain for those with CFS, the current future is bleak.

We need to make something change. We need a big advocate.

Thoughts?

sillysocks84 likes this.
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

I think 2 big things have happened lately. 1. A billionaire and his family was diagnosed with Lyme (I forgot the name). 2. A top scientists son came down with CFS, and he's devoting his life's work to it.

But I agree, the more the better.

3. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    You can add Laura and John Arnold to the list of people to contact. This article provides some information about them. They are billionaires dedicated full time to philanthropy.

Here is a list of well known philanthropists.

sillysocks84 likes this.
  4. Eeyore

Eeyore Senior Member

Why Richard Branson?

Valentijn likes this.
  5. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

@PatJ I second Laura and John Arnold.

PatJ likes this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Senior Member

It's actually amazing how little money would likely need to be directed to ME research given recent breakthroughs to actually make major progress and help so many. It seems a very efficient use of funds right now.

I'm sure this year the US will spend more on treatments for male pattern baldness though. And Britain on psychobabble.

sillysocks84 likes this.
  7. sillysocks84

This should definitely go in the letter to the Arnolds!

8. knackers323

Who is the scientist? Not Dr Chia?

What are the breakthroughs?

There were many I could think of, I just thought Brandon because he seems like a pretty down to earth guy who Might be up for this type of thing

9. sillysocks84

http://www.arnoldfoundation.org/contact/

People with cfs/me/pots/dysautonomias unite! If nothing else let them know how the Senate defunded us. Let them know the answer is close and this would send many back to the workforce. Tell them whatever, just get this out there!

10. sillysocks84

It would probably be good to try to contact Richard Branson and everyone in a position to help. How would we contact him?

11. sillysocks84

Got a response from laura and John arnold foundation. They said they will be in touch if interested . Maybe many of us should email the foundation. Explaining cfs me and pwmes and how it's a drag on the economy and etc. I also stated Whitney dafoe's illness, the scientists son who just became ill.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
    Jennifer J, Art Vandelay and PatJ like this.
  12. Snookum96

Snookum96 Senior Member

Ontario, Canada
    Ron Davis

13. knackers323

any reply yet mate?

dick smith is taking suggestions as to where he should give $1 mill to this Christmas if anyone else wants to get on his site and let him know

See more popular forum discussions.