Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please help me out with this!

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Fat Viking, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Fat Viking

Fat Viking

London
    Hi
    I received HEPATITIS B VACCINE on my left shoulder about five years ago; back then I was a regular at GYM- used to lift 100 pounds without much unease; used to do treadmill walking without getting exhausted; no persistent pain anywhere in the body.

Post vaccination, I started experiencing various ACHES AND PAIN - started with left shoulder pain spontaneously (just the left not the right) making me unable to lift even half the weights i.e. 50 pounds (used to lift 100 pounds earlier).

Thereafter series of unexplained pain started; my toes began to hurt while walking - sometimes left and sometimes right. The pain isn’t there at rest. I am sure it is not due to shoes, as the pain occurs irrespective of the type of shoes I wear.

Following the vaccination, there is also perceivable significant LOSS IN STAMINA; I experience breathlessness in the initial phase of walking on the treadmill - earlier I used to walk on treadmill for quite some time with ease. I have muscle spasms, and joint pains (without inflammation) in random parts of my body.

There is persistent feeling of fatigue; exhaustion which does not alleviate with rest.

Also, my sleep is affected, I wake up feeling unrefreshed and am unable to concentrate in my daily activities.

Also, to add on, there is a continous pain that I experience in my LEFT UPPER ABDOMEN in a specific area whilst sitting. Hence I feel very uncomfortable whenever I am seated on a chair or a couch, or in the bus. The pain I perceive is connected to posture and a change in the same eliminates it; which makes me feel that it is muscular in origin. There is no abdominal pain when I am standing or lying down. No pain medicines have helped so far. I am sure the cause does not lie in the digestive tract i.e. stomach, small intestines or large intestines as I don’t have any indigestion problem... my appetite is just fine, I eat well and at proper times.

To summarise my agony- I was absolutely alright and pain free 4-years ago; before I received the HEPATITIS B VACCINE, used to work out regularly. But now, I am left debilitated, feel tired all the time.

What I've done so far. Had 14 blood tests including Rheumatology blood tests all the 14 blood test came back fine.

I did Ultrasound which showed Hepatic Steatosis and the rest of the organs were of 'normal appearance'.

I am based in London.

Who would be the person to help me? I have some suggestions made from other people:
    Dr Paul Glynne
    Dr Vanya Gant
    Dr Amolak Bansal
    Dr Abhijit Chaudhuri
    Dr William Weir

Thanks to all that respond! :)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Countrygirl

Countrygirl ME is not MUS

UK
    Heb B vaccine is associated with the onset of ME. Dr Charles Shepherd can tell you more.

Dr Willy Weir is very good according to the people I know who are seeing him. No doubt others can also chime in.

3. charles shepherd

charles shepherd Senior Member

I have already been in contact with this gentleman and passed on some information regarding the link between hepatitis B vaccine and ME/CFS

I have also suggested some doctors in the London area who might be worth contacting…….

4. Mij

Mij Senior Member

Ditto

How many Hep B shots did you receive before experiencing this?

Fat Viking likes this.
  5. Fat Viking

Fat Viking

London
    I have been in contact with Dr Charles Shepherd and he has pointed me in the right direction with regards to what to do (next). I have not come across any Doctors knowledgeable in this subject at least in the UK until I came across Dr Charles Shepherd.

Indeed you have. Very much appreciated.

I did the whole 3 shots, I didn't experience significant LOSS IN STAMINA until I went back to the gym a year or so later after the vaccination.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Countrygirl and Mij like this.
  6. Mij

Mij Senior Member

@Fat Viking I see . . . did you experience or notice a loss of stamina in small amounts leading up to the 'significant' loss a year later going to the gym? Did you have any viral infections between this time?

I got the viral infection first and was vaccinated with rubella, tetanus and 2 shots of Hep B within a 3 month period. I was still able to attend school (although sick), but the loss of stamina started very soon after the second Hep B shot. Thankfully I decided not to have the 3rd!

Fat Viking likes this.
  7. Fat Viking

Fat Viking

London
    I felt debilitated a few months after the Hep B vaccine but I noticed that I had significant loss in stamina after going to the gym and not able to do as much cardio I did before I had the vaccine and going to the gym back then.

8. Webdog

Webdog 84-91% are undiagnosed

California
    I got very sick after the first 2 (of 3) Hep B vaccine injections. So much worse, that I was unable to make it for the 3rd final injection.

A couple years later, my doctor berated me for not finishing the Hep B vaccine course, and insisted I get it again.

Again, 2 shots and I got much worse and was housebound and unable to get the final injection. My doctor kind of threw up his hands and gave up after that.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Countrygirl and Fat Viking like this.
  9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You may be interested in the following thread, regarding some preliminary new research which found that a severe chronic inflammation of the nasopharynx (nasopharyngitis) may be the cause of the CFS-like syndrome that can appear a few days or weeks after HPV vaccination (this may or may not apply to other vaccinations):

Post-HPV Vaccine ME/CFS: 25% Cured by Treating Their Nasopharyngitis With Zinc Chloride

The authors of the study suggest that this chronic nasopharyngitis may be the cause of the post-vaccination CFS-syndrome that appeared after receiving the HPV vaccine, and they found by treating the nasopharyngitis with zinc chloride, they were able to cure 25% of the patients with this form of CFS.

Whether chronic nasopharyngitis also appears in other forms of post-vaccination CFS is at this stage unclear, but I think it should be easy to perform a test on yourself to see if you do have chronic nasopharyngitis, just using a cotton swab (Q-Tip): see this post for the method.

Basically, I believe if you have pain on rubbing the nasopharynx with a Q-Tip, and get some blood on the Q-Tip cotton swab, then that indicates nasopharyngitis.

Note that this new research is just a preliminary finding, and it has not yet been replicated, but it may be of interest to anyone with a post-vaccination CFS-like illness.

10. Fat Viking

Fat Viking

London
    Do you have any citations or case studies where it shows Heb B vaccine is associated with the onset of ME?

11. Countrygirl

UK
    Again, I think @charles shepherd is the person who can help you most. The MEA have found that vaccine-triggered ME is associated most often with Heb B. Other vaccines also have an association. For example, my ME onset followed two tetanus jabs.

In 1934, according to Dr Byron Hyde, the Brodie polio vaccine was associated with/caused the first ME epidemic at the LA hospital which effected the medical staff. Some of the most recent survivors of the epidemic were his patients and they were given huge payouts in compensation provided they agreed to a gagging clause as it was feared the vaccination programme might be damaged if it was known that Brodie's vaccine was associated with the new illness. Dr Brodie, who was then in his 30s, committed suicide.

Fat Viking likes this.
  12. Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman Senior Member

Interesting info @Countrygirl. Can't "like" it. Horrible tragedy all round.

Fat Viking and Countrygirl like this.
  13. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

CANADA
    Sayer Ji, one of those interviewed in Episode 2 of the "Vaccines Revealed" documentary series currently being offered online for free ( http://www.vaccinesrevealed.com/ ) mentioned having founded a website that collects evidence-based natural health articles. I decided to take a look.

I found no hits for "myalgic encephalomyelitis", but several for "chronic fatigue syndrome", one of which relates to the relationship between hepatitis B Vaccination and CFS. Here's the link:

This study suggests that in some
    cases chronic fatigue and
    fibromyalgia can be temporally
    related to immunization, as part of
    ASIA syndrome

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/article...ic-fatigue-and-fibromyalgia-can-be-temporally

ASIA stands for "autoimmune (auto-inflammatory) syndromes induced by adjuvants".

14. Countrygirl

UK
    A friend told me today that her grandchild has just regressed into autism after an MMR jab. Coincidence? I doubt it.

15. Hip

Hip Senior Member

This might be of help:

Alleged link between hepatitis B vaccine and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia following immunization with the hepatitis B vaccine: another angle of the 'autoimmune (auto-inflammatory) syndrome induced by adjuvants' (ASIA)

Info from Dr Charles Shepherd here.

In 2013 the Federal US Court ruled that hepatitis B vaccine caused ME/CFS in one patient, and awarded the patient $1.1 million plus lifetime medical expenses. Ref: 1

16. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

CANADA
    What devastating news. I can't like your post, @Countrygirl . But I also doubt the coincidence. The video footage of vaccine damaged children shown in the abbreviated "Vaxxed" documentary I viewed this morning (Episode 3 of "Vaccines Revealed") was very disturbing, and very powerful.

Countrygirl and Fat Viking like this.

See more popular forum discussions.