• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PLEASE HELP MAJOR ANXIETY DO I HAVE CFS?

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again
i normally drink alcohol on weekends
@Worried1230 Alcohol depletes a whole lot of essential nutrients. Your body's anxiety may stem from a nutrient deficiency. The B complex vitamins, known as the stress and mood vitamins along with minerals that activate, them are depleted by alcohol. Over time with continued drinking the deficit grows...eventually leading to early alcoholic dementia. Problems from alcohol appears far more likely than CFS.

I'd bet you feel a whole lot better when you reduce your drinking and increase your nutrient intake. Alcohol is like banging your head on the wall, it's not good for you and so you will feel bad until you stop.

As a friend of mine, a 16 year sober alcoholic noted, "Alcohol is an eraser. It will remove everything good in your life: your health, your love life, your job, your friends, your family...and make you absolutely miserable, unable to work and a menace and a burden to others."

There are some very good supplements to help reduce alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

Googling nutrients and alcohol brings up a whole bunch of good articles... For example these may help. Just click on the links below to read:

Alcohol and Mineral Deficiency: Bottoms Up, Magnesium Down ...
https://www.activationproducts.com/blog/alcohol-and-magnesium-deficiency/
Mar 7, 2016 - Repeated consumption of alcohol depletes your body's stores of ... they may not be getting the nutrients they need to meet their magnesium ...

Vitamins Depleted by Alcohol | LIVESTRONG.COM

https://www.livestrong.com › Diseases and Conditions
Among the risks of alcohol abuse are various nutritional deficiencies, including ... including vitamin deficiencies that involve depletion of B complex vitamins, ...

Nutrients Commonly Depleted By Alcohol ← The Healthy Drinker ...
thehealthydrinker.com/2012/07/nutrients-commonly-depleted-by-alcohol/
Jul 25, 2012 - Booze beats up a whole host of nutrients and minerals as well, including calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium, tyrosine, folic acid and a slew of other inscrutable but necessary energizers.

Not only is alcohol devoid of proteins, minerals, and vitamins, it actually inhibits the absorption and usage of vital nutrients such as thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin B12, folic acid, and zinc. Thiamin (vitamin B1) is involved in the metabolism of proteins and fat and the formation of hemoglobin.
Student Health Services - How Alcohol Affects Nutrition and Endurance
https://wellness.ucsd.edu/studenthealth/.../alcohol.../alcohol-nutrition-endurance.aspx

Nutrition recommendations for those who consume alcohol - Boulder ...
https://www.bouldermedicalcenter.com/nutrition-recommendations-consume-alcohol/
The process of metabolizing alcohol requires nutrients. As the liver ... Vitamin B3 (niacin)- depletion causes anxiety, depression, apprehension and fatigue.

Can Alcohol Deplete the Body of Nutrients? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

healthyeating.sfgate.com › Nutrition › Vitamins & Minerals
you can improve your health both by cutting back and by taking certain nutritional supplements, including vitamin C and B-complex vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and pyridoxine, the NIAAA explains.

Alcohol Withdrawal Vitamins: Top 20 Supplements For Detox and ...
fit-recovery.com/alcohol-withdrawal-vitamins-supplements-detox-recovery/
Feb 25, 2017 - Because alcohol depletes so many important nutrients from the body, the root causes of alcohol withdrawal symptoms are often nutrient ...

Diagnosis and treatment of nutritional deficiencies in alcoholic liver ...
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1590865815003503
by RE Rossi - ‎2015 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles
In summary, protein–energy malnutrition and micronutrient depletion are clinical concerns in alcoholic liver disease. Nutritional therapy, including enteral ...

Magnesium and Hangovers | Nutritional Magnesium Association
www.nutritionalmagnesium.org/magnesium-and-hangovers/
Alcohol depletes a broad range of vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids, enzymes, proteins and minerals from your body. The kingpin to this depletion is magnesium ...

@Worried1230 Alcohol depletes a whole lot of essential nutrients. Your body's anxiety may stem from a nutrient deficiency. The B complex vitamins, known as the stress and mood vitamins along with minerals that activate, them are depleted by alcohol. Over time with continued drinking the deficit grows...eventually leading to early alcoholic dementia. Problems from alcohol appears far more likely than CFS.

I'd bet you feel a whole lot better when you reduce your drinking and increase your nutrient intake. Alcohol is like banging your head on the wall, it's not good for you and so you will feel bad until you stop.

As a friend of mine, a 16 year sober alcoholic noted, "Alcohol is an eraser. It will remove everything good in your life: your health, your love life, your job, your friends, your family...and make you absolutely miserable, unable to work and a menace and a burden to others."

There are some very good supplements to help reduce alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

Googling nutrients and alcohol brings up a whole bunch of good articles... For example these may help. Just click on the links below to read:

Alcohol and Mineral Deficiency: Bottoms Up, Magnesium Down ...
https://www.activationproducts.com/blog/alcohol-and-magnesium-deficiency/
Mar 7, 2016 - Repeated consumption of alcohol depletes your body's stores of ... they may not be getting the nutrients they need to meet their magnesium ...

Vitamins Depleted by Alcohol | LIVESTRONG.COM

https://www.livestrong.com › Diseases and Conditions
Among the risks of alcohol abuse are various nutritional deficiencies, including ... including vitamin deficiencies that involve depletion of B complex vitamins, ...

Nutrients Commonly Depleted By Alcohol ← The Healthy Drinker ...
thehealthydrinker.com/2012/07/nutrients-commonly-depleted-by-alcohol/
Jul 25, 2012 - Booze beats up a whole host of nutrients and minerals as well, including calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium, tyrosine, folic acid and a slew of other inscrutable but necessary energizers.

Not only is alcohol devoid of proteins, minerals, and vitamins, it actually inhibits the absorption and usage of vital nutrients such as thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin B12, folic acid, and zinc. Thiamin (vitamin B1) is involved in the metabolism of proteins and fat and the formation of hemoglobin.
Student Health Services - How Alcohol Affects Nutrition and Endurance
https://wellness.ucsd.edu/studenthealth/.../alcohol.../alcohol-nutrition-endurance.aspx

Nutrition recommendations for those who consume alcohol - Boulder ...
https://www.bouldermedicalcenter.com/nutrition-recommendations-consume-alcohol/
The process of metabolizing alcohol requires nutrients. As the liver ... Vitamin B3 (niacin)- depletion causes anxiety, depression, apprehension and fatigue.

Can Alcohol Deplete the Body of Nutrients? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

healthyeating.sfgate.com › Nutrition › Vitamins & Minerals
you can improve your health both by cutting back and by taking certain nutritional supplements, including vitamin C and B-complex vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and pyridoxine, the NIAAA explains.

Alcohol Withdrawal Vitamins: Top 20 Supplements For Detox and ...
fit-recovery.com/alcohol-withdrawal-vitamins-supplements-detox-recovery/
Feb 25, 2017 - Because alcohol depletes so many important nutrients from the body, the root causes of alcohol withdrawal symptoms are often nutrient ...

Diagnosis and treatment of nutritional deficiencies in alcoholic liver ...
www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1590865815003503
by RE Rossi - ‎2015 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles
In summary, protein–energy malnutrition and micronutrient depletion are clinical concerns in alcoholic liver disease. Nutritional therapy, including enteral ...

Magnesium and Hangovers | Nutritional Magnesium Association
www.nutritionalmagnesium.org/magnesium-and-hangovers/
Alcohol depletes a broad range of vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids, enzymes, proteins and minerals from your body. The kingpin to this depletion is magnesium ...

Your making me sound like some kind of alcoholic i only DRINK ON WEEKENDS SOCIALLY

Thanks everyone... i have been feeling better but i have found out whats been causing my “fatigue” my fasting glucose was 102 so that means i am prediabetic

Which is odd as i am very active, im a bodybuilder my diet is not the best but type 2 diabetes runs in both sides of my family so i guess thats what is probaly the culprit but odd as i am only 22 years old

Chocolove

Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again
@Worried1230
Alcohol consumption and risk of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes - NCBI
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21916972
by M Cullmann - ‎2012 - ‎Cited by 70 - ‎Related articles
The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of alcohol consumption and specific alcoholic beverages on the risk of developing pre-diabetes and Type 2 ...

Alcohol: American Diabetes Association®
www.diabetes.org › ... › Food › What Can I Eat › Making Healthy Food Choice
Oct 16, 2017 - Alcohol can cause hypoglycemia shortly after drinking and for up to 24 hours after drinking. If you are going to drink alcohol, check your blood glucose: Before you drink.

Well guys it looks like my anxiety is back again... After a bout of food poisoning 3 days ago i am experiencing major energy swings & severe anxiety of devoloping cfs.... Can anyone tell, can food poisoning cause CFS?

Low nutrients can cause anxiety. Get some of the basic minerals and vitamins tested. If they are low then you could supplement to get them up to middle of the reference range. Doctors are usually happy if results are anywhere in the range including right at the bottom, but middle of the range might help you a lot. It wouldn't do any harm and might do a lot of good.

Low nutrients can cause anxiety. Get some of the basic minerals and vitamins tested. If they are low then you could supplement to get them up to middle of the reference range. Doctors are usually happy if results are anywhere in the range including right at the bottom, but middle of the range might help you a lot. It wouldn't do any harm and might do a lot of good.
Only thing my dr told me about blood work was my fasting glucose was a point high, he didnt test for nutrient defiency, but i wanna know can food poisoning cause cfs

anxiety can really strain your mental state and make you feel like passing out. I recommend visiting a phychiatrist maybe some anxiety medication can help.

HelloHere

P.o.t.s, brugada,and now high Tsh or ME/CFS?
OK So i am 22 yr old male who has experienced minor fatigue the last month, also headaches of unknown reason & i am so scared of CFS ;( i have seen the youtube videos of how horrible this illness is

I am able to excercise & work full time so i know i dont have the PEM & also my sex drive is really good but have noticed my eyes are really heavy as if i havent slept, i do have two viral infections i have hsv 1 & hpv which i do have warts (nasty i know) on my crotch... i am really scared of cfs & This fatigue i am feeling lately has came out the blue.... All day my blood pressure has been through the roof & i am very terrified... The past week or so i have felt what feels like a cold have had phlegm & swollen inguinal lymph nodes but no fever so far... today the cold like symptoms feel better but my anxiety has been through the roof!!!! My blood pressure was at 160 over 96 after working out, please help me & tell me if i am showing signs of cfs :(
I regret they seems to be mean to you. they 'e jealous you apparently feel better than them a bunch of old retarded farts that can t get warts..... I apologize. make sure these r treated though and make sure u check BP if you run again. your fatigue can be depression, anxiety, I have those two. I m 40 and at 20 I started going downhill mentally. symptoms r physicals. they 'e annoyed you 'e talking about sexuality. obviously you be been unlucky or and unsafe you re young that happens. if you live I the IS THERE R NO EDUCATION really... concerning that.. all good points to th3m who answered meant I guess they 'l say yes to take some of your warts. assuming you may be going to woods and forest check any bites if you can. well it s quite very healthy and anyways happens to have a sexual activity that seems to be a little overdrive.that s even exciting . therefore the reserved reaction and nymphomaniac half hidden insult you got.
take care of yourself. i from time to time have high sexual.drive too. used to have a very high one with lots of perversion and fantasies. as bedridden like the grumpy here...well if they do not have anxiety or and depression too bad for them. get in touch... sooon.

I regret they seems to be mean to you. they 'e jealous you apparently feel better than them a bunch of old retarded farts that can t get warts..... I apologize. make sure these r treated though and make sure u check BP if you run again. your fatigue can be depression, anxiety, I have those two. I m 40 and at 20 I started going downhill mentally. symptoms r physicals. they 'e annoyed you 'e talking about sexuality. obviously you be been unlucky or and unsafe you re young that happens. if you live I the IS THERE R NO EDUCATION really... concerning that.. all good points to th3m who answered meant I guess they 'l say yes to take some of your warts. assuming you may be going to woods and forest check any bites if you can. well it s quite very healthy and anyways happens to have a sexual activity that seems to be a little overdrive.that s even exciting . therefore the reserved reaction and nymphomaniac half hidden insult you got.
take care of yourself. i from time to time have high sexual.drive too. used to have a very high one with lots of perversion and fantasies. as bedridden like the grumpy here...well if they do not have anxiety or and depression too bad for them. get in touch... sooon.
you make it sound like getting warts is a good thing, also lyme disease is not prevelant in texas & i dont have it, my fatigue seems to have gotten better i guess it was anxiety cuz once i got my bloodwork & everything came normal i felt the fatigue go away

As others have said, nothing about your story rings CFS alarm bells so far. But your symptoms are bothering you, and you're clearly anxious about them, so seeking treatment is the right thing to do.