The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PLEASE HELP MAJOR ANXIETY DO I HAVE CFS?

Discussion in 'Post-Exertional Malaise, Fatigue, and Crashes' started by Worried1230, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Worried1230

Worried1230

Ok guys but someone pleass just reassure me.... i dont have cfs dont i?

2. shaqun

shaqun

TrixieStix, Cheesus and Orla like this.
  3. Worried1230

Worried1230

First of all i would like to thank all who replied... the past 2 days ive felt prettying good i guess it must have been some kind of anxiety

boombachi likes this.
  4. Chocolove

Chocolove Tournament of the Phoenix - Rise Again

@Worried1230 Alcohol depletes a whole lot of essential nutrients. Your body's anxiety may stem from a nutrient deficiency. The B complex vitamins, known as the stress and mood vitamins along with minerals that activate, them are depleted by alcohol. Over time with continued drinking the deficit grows...eventually leading to early alcoholic dementia. Problems from alcohol appears far more likely than CFS.

I'd bet you feel a whole lot better when you reduce your drinking and increase your nutrient intake. Alcohol is like banging your head on the wall, it's not good for you and so you will feel bad until you stop.

As a friend of mine, a 16 year sober alcoholic noted, "Alcohol is an eraser. It will remove everything good in your life: your health, your love life, your job, your friends, your family...and make you absolutely miserable, unable to work and a menace and a burden to others."

There are some very good supplements to help reduce alcohol withdrawal symptoms.

Googling nutrients and alcohol brings up a whole bunch of good articles... For example these may help. Just click on the links below to read:

Alcohol and Mineral Deficiency: Bottoms Up, Magnesium Down ...
    https://www.activationproducts.com/blog/alcohol-and-magnesium-deficiency/
    Mar 7, 2016 - Repeated consumption of alcohol depletes your body's stores of ... they may not be getting the nutrients they need to meet their magnesium ...

Vitamins Depleted by Alcohol | LIVESTRONG.COM

https://www.livestrong.com › Diseases and Conditions
    Among the risks of alcohol abuse are various nutritional deficiencies, including ... including vitamin deficiencies that involve depletion of B complex vitamins, ...

Nutrients Commonly Depleted By Alcohol ← The Healthy Drinker ...
    thehealthydrinker.com/2012/07/nutrients-commonly-depleted-by-alcohol/
    Jul 25, 2012 - Booze beats up a whole host of nutrients and minerals as well, including calcium, zinc, iron, magnesium, selenium, tyrosine, folic acid and a slew of other inscrutable but necessary energizers.

Not only is alcohol devoid of proteins, minerals, and vitamins, it actually inhibits the absorption and usage of vital nutrients such as thiamin (vitamin B1), vitamin B12, folic acid, and zinc. Thiamin (vitamin B1) is involved in the metabolism of proteins and fat and the formation of hemoglobin.
    Student Health Services - How Alcohol Affects Nutrition and Endurance
    https://wellness.ucsd.edu/studenthealth/.../alcohol.../alcohol-nutrition-endurance.aspx

Nutrition recommendations for those who consume alcohol - Boulder ...
    https://www.bouldermedicalcenter.com/nutrition-recommendations-consume-alcohol/
    The process of metabolizing alcohol requires nutrients. As the liver ... Vitamin B3 (niacin)- depletion causes anxiety, depression, apprehension and fatigue.

Can Alcohol Deplete the Body of Nutrients? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

healthyeating.sfgate.com › Nutrition › Vitamins & Minerals
    you can improve your health both by cutting back and by taking certain nutritional supplements, including vitamin C and B-complex vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, folic acid and pyridoxine, the NIAAA explains.

Alcohol Withdrawal Vitamins: Top 20 Supplements For Detox and ...
    fit-recovery.com/alcohol-withdrawal-vitamins-supplements-detox-recovery/
    Feb 25, 2017 - Because alcohol depletes so many important nutrients from the body, the root causes of alcohol withdrawal symptoms are often nutrient ...

Diagnosis and treatment of nutritional deficiencies in alcoholic liver ...
    www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1590865815003503
    by RE Rossi - ‎2015 - ‎Cited by 13 - ‎Related articles
    In summary, protein–energy malnutrition and micronutrient depletion are clinical concerns in alcoholic liver disease. Nutritional therapy, including enteral ...

Magnesium and Hangovers | Nutritional Magnesium Association
    www.nutritionalmagnesium.org/magnesium-and-hangovers/
    Alcohol depletes a broad range of vitamins, amino acids, fatty acids, enzymes, proteins and minerals from your body. The kingpin to this depletion is magnesium ...

boombachi likes this.
  5. Worried1230

Worried1230

Your making me sound like some kind of alcoholic i only DRINK ON WEEKENDS SOCIALLY

6. Chocolove

@Worried1230 Any amount of alcohol depletes nutrients in all humans. I only assume you are human. :)

boombachi likes this.
  7. Chocolove

boombachi likes this.
  8. Worried1230

Worried1230

Thanks everyone... i have been feeling better but i have found out whats been causing my “fatigue” my fasting glucose was 102 so that means i am prediabetic

Orla likes this.
  9. Worried1230

Worried1230

Which is odd as i am very active, im a bodybuilder my diet is not the best but type 2 diabetes runs in both sides of my family so i guess thats what is probaly the culprit but odd as i am only 22 years old

10. Chocolove

@Worried1230
    Alcohol consumption and risk of pre-diabetes and type 2 diabetes - NCBI
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21916972
    by M Cullmann - ‎2012 - ‎Cited by 70 - ‎Related articles
    The aim of this study was to investigate the influence of alcohol consumption and specific alcoholic beverages on the risk of developing pre-diabetes and Type 2 ...

Alcohol: American Diabetes Association®
    www.diabetes.org › ... › Food › What Can I Eat › Making Healthy Food Choice
    Oct 16, 2017 - Alcohol can cause hypoglycemia shortly after drinking and for up to 24 hours after drinking. If you are going to drink alcohol, check your blood glucose: Before you drink.

11. TenuousGrip

TenuousGrip Senior Member

What was your A1C ? Was that checked ?

12. Worried1230

Worried1230

No just glucose on regular blood test

13. Worried1230

Worried1230

Well guys it looks like my anxiety is back again... After a bout of food poisoning 3 days ago i am experiencing major energy swings & severe anxiety of devoloping cfs.... Can anyone tell, can food poisoning cause CFS?

14. tumbleweed

tumbleweed

UK
    Low nutrients can cause anxiety. Get some of the basic minerals and vitamins tested. If they are low then you could supplement to get them up to middle of the reference range. Doctors are usually happy if results are anywhere in the range including right at the bottom, but middle of the range might help you a lot. It wouldn't do any harm and might do a lot of good.

15. Worried1230

Worried1230

Only thing my dr told me about blood work was my fasting glucose was a point high, he didnt test for nutrient defiency, but i wanna know can food poisoning cause cfs

16. Riben12

Riben12

anxiety can really strain your mental state and make you feel like passing out. I recommend visiting a phychiatrist maybe some anxiety medication can help.

See more popular forum discussions.