• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please help Lost Voices Foundation in Germany win 5.000 euros (U.S. $5,000)!

frenchtulip

One time-vote needed! Please vote for Lost Voices Foundation in Germany to win 5.000 euros in the Bayer Cares Foundation's online vote to determine the people's award winner in their Aspirin Social Award competition. Voting runs from January 5th, 2015 through January 30th, 2015.

Here are voting instructions:

"ONE TIME http://www.aspirin-sozialpreis.de/?p=5175#voting
click zym online voting
click the box to accept rules
enter email address, captcha, then submit (weiter)

Aspirin will send an email, please be sure to click the link in the mail for the vote to count"

Sasha

Fine, thank you
From Google Translate:

The Lost Voices Foundation was launched to oppose the often unbearable suffering of many critically ill patients with Myalgic Encephalomyelitis ME / CFS something. Affected illness are often themselves no longer able to raise her voice to fight for an attached medical care. The Foundation is committed to the improvement and expansion of care, treatment and rehabilitation of these people.

This purpose is achieved through the appropriate information to the general public, requesting the investigation of these neuroimmunological disease and the promotion of projects that are appropriate to transfer the international knowledge quickly to Germany. In addition, a counseling center has been established and fundraising activities carried out to support, for example, the research at the Berlin Charité ME / CFS financially.​

I think Berlin Charite is where Prof Carmen Scheibenbogen (sp?) works - she has an interest in Rituximab. The focus seems to be appropriately on ME as a neuroimmune disease that needs medical care - we're used to seeing 'rehabilitation' used in a rather sinister way but I don't get that impression from this.

Voted!

*GG*

Done :)

GG

PS Seems they send you an email, do you have to hit the link in the email for the vote to count?