• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

please help, embarrassing male problem

hi my name is ali and im form the uk

this is a guy problem,
i have been suffering from premature ejaculation for years, and i believe it has something to do with methylation. people who take Tramadol hcl, have helped their problem by raising serotonin, i think that is the problem with me my brain cant make the neurotransmitters proplerly, please can some one help me on how to sort out this methylation problem, i think my body needs to produce serotonin proplerly as well as other neurotransmitters. thank you.

baccarat

It may be an anxiety issue that's why antidepressants may help... but I have my doubts because in my experience they wipe libido out.

hi thanks for everyones responses, as for the ssri i heard they are not safe and ruin brain chemistry, so i think methylation wil, be the best method to unblock the problem so my body can create serotonin and other neurotransmitters, as for the magnesium i will be trying transdermal and will report back, this is not an anxiety issue its a problem i have had for years.

is this good for methylation 1000mcg of methyl-b12 sub lingual, 800mcg of Metafolin daily, also i have heard that synthetic folic acid competes with real folate and it is not advised can some one please clear this up thanks.

Catseye

Hi ali,

You might be interested to know that, even though it is a neurotransmitter and you would think it is made upstairs, most of the body's serotonin production takes place in the intestines. And if you already suspect a methylation problem, have you considered that you may have leaky gut syndrome? LG will clog up the liver with toxins and methylation can suffer once the liver is overwhelmed, plus LG will affect the body's production of serotonin. I had LG and once I corrected it, (much easier said than done) methylation returned to functioning shortly thereafter. Of course, it was an enormous effort and required a very restricted diet and tons of supplements for a very long time.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
There is a fast acting SSRI in Europe called "Priligy"(?) that is prescribed for PE. There has been some discussions and possibly studies done where there is a histadine connection to PE

http://www.aminoacidbotanicalandsupplementsource.net/Histidine_info.htm

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Urology/ErectileDysfunction/4066

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premature_ejaculation

Dapoxetine (Priligy) is a short-acting selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) marketed for the treatment of premature ejaculation.[16] Dapoxetine is the only drug with regulatory approval for such an indication. Currently, it is approved in several European countries, including Finland, Sweden, Portugal, Austria and Germany.[17][18] Dapoxetine is currently waiting for U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval after concluding the Phase III study, which included participants from 25 other countries, including the United States. In this diverse population, dapoxetine significantly improved all aspects of PE and was generally well tolerated.[19

Freddd

hi my name is ali and im form the uk

this is a guy problem,
i have been suffering from premature ejaculation for years, and i believe it has something to do with methylation. people who take Tramadol hcl, have helped their problem by raising serotonin, i think that is the problem with me my brain cant make the neurotransmitters proplerly, please can some one help me on how to sort out this methylation problem, i think my body needs to produce serotonin proplerly as well as other neurotransmitters. thank you.

Hi Ali,

METHYLB12 deficiency can cause all sorts of hair trigger neurological responses. It also is known to affect just about everything neurological. In addition to a basic active b12 and active folate (mb12/adb12/Metafolin) potassium, and basics including magnesium, I would suggest the book ESO - Extended sexual orgasm. It has training methods for working through too rapid ejaculation.