1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Brain Cells Making us Sick? The microglia connection in ME/CFS & Fibromyalgia
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, could trigger and perpetuate the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please Help - 23andMe Results!

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Bettyb, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Bettyb

Bettyb

Hey everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female seeking a little clarity regarding my 23andme results. I've been doing a lot of reading through the forum but still have a lot of questions. Any help from some of the veterans here interpreting my results would be greatly appreciated :)

CBS A360A +/+

MTHFR A1298C +/+
    MTHFR 03 P39P +/-

MAO A R297R +/+
    VDR Taq +/+

COMT H62H +/-
    COMT V158M +/-

BHMT-02 +/-
    BHMT-08 +/+
    MTRR A664A +/-
    MTR A2756G +/-

I understand that my MTHFR A1298C mutation is significant, but how do my other mutations factor into the equation? And what sort of vitamins or minerals should I be taking to address these problems? Thanks :)
  2. rubydragon

rubydragon

Your results are very similar to my daughter's, but I'm a newbie, too. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from others more experienced than I, but in the meantime I do have one resource for you. I found the information in the report generated on this site (it's free) was a good starting point to help me understand how everything connected. I originally ordered 23andme for her so I could she if she had the MTHFR mutation - it wasn't until I saw Yasko's report that I understood how and why the other mutations require active B12 supplements as well as methylfolate.

I hope this helps - good luck to you!

See more popular forum discussions.