August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Please Help - 23andMe Results!

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by Bettyb, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Bettyb

Bettyb

Hey everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female seeking a little clarity regarding my 23andme results. I've been doing a lot of reading through the forum but still have a lot of questions. Any help from some of the veterans here interpreting my results would be greatly appreciated :)

CBS A360A +/+

MTHFR A1298C +/+
    MTHFR 03 P39P +/-

MAO A R297R +/+
    VDR Taq +/+

COMT H62H +/-
    COMT V158M +/-

BHMT-02 +/-
    BHMT-08 +/+
    MTRR A664A +/-
    MTR A2756G +/-

I understand that my MTHFR A1298C mutation is significant, but how do my other mutations factor into the equation? And what sort of vitamins or minerals should I be taking to address these problems? Thanks :)

2. rubydragon

rubydragon

Your results are very similar to my daughter's, but I'm a newbie, too. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from others more experienced than I, but in the meantime I do have one resource for you. I found the information in the report generated on this site (it's free) was a good starting point to help me understand how everything connected. I originally ordered 23andme for her so I could she if she had the MTHFR mutation - it wasn't until I saw Yasko's report that I understood how and why the other mutations require active B12 supplements as well as methylfolate.

I hope this helps - good luck to you!

See more popular forum discussions.