• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Please Help - 23andMe Results!

Hey everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female seeking a little clarity regarding my 23andme results. I've been doing a lot of reading through the forum but still have a lot of questions. Any help from some of the veterans here interpreting my results would be greatly appreciated :)

CBS A360A +/+

MTHFR A1298C +/+
MTHFR 03 P39P +/-

MAO A R297R +/+
VDR Taq +/+

COMT H62H +/-
COMT V158M +/-

BHMT-02 +/-
BHMT-08 +/+
MTRR A664A +/-
MTR A2756G +/-

I understand that my MTHFR A1298C mutation is significant, but how do my other mutations factor into the equation? And what sort of vitamins or minerals should I be taking to address these problems? Thanks :)

Your results are very similar to my daughter's, but I'm a newbie, too. I'm sure you'll get some good feedback from others more experienced than I, but in the meantime I do have one resource for you. I found the information in the report generated on this site (it's free) was a good starting point to help me understand how everything connected. I originally ordered 23andme for her so I could she if she had the MTHFR mutation - it wasn't until I saw Yasko's report that I understood how and why the other mutations require active B12 supplements as well as methylfolate.

I hope this helps - good luck to you!