• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Plant Extract that blocks IL-8? - ANYONE?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Also berberine might. It is given as an anti-inflammatory but I don't know if it is specific to IL-8.

Anatabloc also might do it. It is a tobacco derivative that is way too expensive but some get good results from it.

I've been using curcumin myself.

Sushi

Ema

Does anybody know of a plant extract or supplement that blocks IL-8 (Interleukin-8)?
Glucocorticoids, like hydrocortisone.

IL-8 is down-regulated by glucocorticoids and the secretion of IL-8 by TNFα is regulated by the inflammatory transcriptional factor, nuclear factor-Kb (NF-kB) [34]. These considerations may explain the as- sociation between hypocortisolism and the proliferation of inflammatory cytokines in association with upregula- tion of mediators of inflammatory transcription in this population, as the initiation of inflammatory transcription by NF-kB is partially dependent upon reductions in glu- cocorticoid levels.

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=17756

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16391493
RESULTS:

Berberine dose-dependently inhibited IL-8 mRNA and MCP-1 mRNA expression of the cells and protein levels in the media stimulated with IL-1beta or TNF-alpha.
CONCLUSION:

These findings indicate that berberine dose-dependently inhibited the expression of IL-8 and MCP-1 induced by IL-1beta or TNF-alpha.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Thanks guys. First, I found Naringenin, which is a Grape Fruit bioflavonoid. However, it interferes with many medications. Then, I found Bergamot Extract, but that is nearly $30.00 a bottle. And I was frustrated. Berberine seems like a much better and cheaper choice.

Thanks!

Does anybody know of a plant extract or supplement that blocks IL-8 (Interleukin-8)?

I don't know much about blocking IL-8, but could you write why your interested in it. I see from your profile that you have "Fibromyalgia, Hashimtos, CFS, Sjogren's Antibodies," but would you be more specific as I see you have 10 pages of content but don't have time to read it all. Can you give a summary of your condition and I will see what comes to mind?