1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Plant Extract that blocks IL-8? - ANYONE?

Discussion in 'Information and Resources' started by Mya Symons, May 29, 2013.

1. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Does anybody know of a plant extract or supplement that blocks IL-8 (Interleukin-8)?

2. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Curcumin.

3. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Also berberine might. It is given as an anti-inflammatory but I don't know if it is specific to IL-8.

Anatabloc also might do it. It is a tobacco derivative that is way too expensive but some get good results from it.

I've been using curcumin myself.

Sushi

4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    Glucocorticoids, like hydrocortisone.

http://www.scirp.org/journal/PaperInformation.aspx?paperID=17756

5. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16391493
    RESULTS:

Berberine dose-dependently inhibited IL-8 mRNA and MCP-1 mRNA expression of the cells and protein levels in the media stimulated with IL-1beta or TNF-alpha.
    CONCLUSION:

These findings indicate that berberine dose-dependently inhibited the expression of IL-8 and MCP-1 induced by IL-1beta or TNF-alpha.

6. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Thanks guys. First, I found Naringenin, which is a Grape Fruit bioflavonoid. However, it interferes with many medications. Then, I found Bergamot Extract, but that is nearly $30.00 a bottle. And I was frustrated. Berberine seems like a much better and cheaper choice.

Thanks!

cigana likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.