Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Planning to see Dr William Weir, Harley St. Any advice or opinions?

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by Mrs Sowester, Jan 23, 2016.

1. RuthT

RuthT

I saw him in the early 1990s - my GP pretty much referred me straight to Coppetts Wood, part of the Royal Free. He was helpful, caring & down to earth about what was & was not known & the research he was doing then. I wasn’t eligible.

He did give me the best advice I could have had then - try and get the balance between doing too much & doing too little. Try and avoid stress & meditation might be helpful for some. No easy answers, no psych nonsense.

I gradually recovered to 80-90% before a second hit recently. If I could easily afford to see him & pay for recommended treatment, or if his letter would support any financial claims, I probably would give it a go, but also wary of downsides, of hope & expectations.

MEMum, Binkie4 and Cornishbird like this.
  2. Jenny

Jenny Senior Member

Dorset
    I emailed him a few months ago asking him about his experience in using anti-retrovirals and whether he might prescribe them for me. I gave him my history.

He was good enough to arrange a (free) phone consultation, where he explained that he has had very mixed results, and we decided that I would not try them for the moment.

He doesn't seem to have anything else to offer that I haven't already tried, but if I had a list of medications I would like to try I would probably go to see him.

MEMum, Binkie4, ukxmrv and 1 other person like this.
  3. wastwater

wastwater Senior Member

uk
    Has he retired and I wonder is there any wisdom in picking up a diagnosis

See more popular forum discussions.