1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Plan of action

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Infinite1, May 6, 2011.

1. Infinite1

Infinite1

So I've been sick for about two years now. I originally attributed the symptoms to a terrible SSRI that I was on. Now realizing that I've likely got ME I've been actively treating myself for the last 3 months. I'm hoping to get some feedback on a good plan of action to take care of my issue(s) which are mostly fatigue, muscle weakness and twitching, PNS pain constant SNS overactivity. Also I have various food allergies; wheat, dairy, sugar etc.

An overview, I have positive EBV titers: 3.97 VCA IGG, > 5.0 EBNA IGG, negative VCA IGM. If anyone can provide a good explanation I would love to hear it, basically the doc said it reflected an old infection. My TSH was a bit on the high side 3.02 T4 a bit on the low side 1.0.

Currently I am 3 months into augmenting the methylation cycle and Mito functioning using p5p, methylB12, zinc, vit E, ribose., and to aid immune functioning using thymus, and vit C and augmenting hormones with DHEA and Pregnenolone I essentially have been seeking the "magic bullet" and have used various other supplements and Amino acids. I have also purchased a Infrared sauna to aid in the detox process.

Hoping to determine what I'm doing right/wrong and what I should consider to make this process go quicker, i.e. antiviral(s) or whatever. Thanks!
  2. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I would add magnesium for the twitching and methyl folic acid to go with the methyl B12 for the methylation cycle. Read up on Rich Vank's and Freddd's protocols for methylation blocks. You can get tested to see if you have a block. Rich Vank has the info on this test.

I would do a complete thyroid panel - TSH, free T3, free T4 and thyroid antibodies. You could have a thyroid problem and not discover it if you don't do the full panel.

I would be extremely careful with the FIR sauna. Start with one minute a few days a week and gradually work up from there if tolerated. You may need to wait until methylation is working properly before attempting FIR.

I would be tested for adrenal fatigue using a saliva test with 4 samples taken throughout the day. ASI is the standard.

Have you addressed digestion - if you're not digesting properly the supps will not be assimilated and are thus a waste.

You should be avoiding your allergic foods.

It's easy to make yourself worse, so start low and go slow. Do a lot of research before trying heavy hitting stuff like anti-virals.

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to test for heavy metals like lead and mercury, and chelate those out if found.

See more popular forum discussions.