• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

piracetam for cognitive stuff and circulation?

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Bumping this thread.
I have found a couple of cheap sources in australia of aniracetam. I used this a few years ago and it was good for brain fog etc, so thinking of trying it again as my brain seems to be up the creek without a paddle.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

Thanks for bumping this thread heapsreal. :) It sounds very interesting and Im going to put this on my must try some time list. My brain is one of the main things Im currently wanting to improve.

Twice this week Ive put things which dont at all go in the fridge into the fridge (you could find jeans or anything in my fridge) and with leaving both the heater on last night accidently in another room while I slept and waking up this morn to find I'd also left my freezer door last night open... I soooo need something for my brain. My B12 shots have platoed.

heapsreal

Thanks for bumping this thread heapsreal. :) It sounds very interesting and Im going to put this on my must try some time list. My brain is one of the main things Im currently wanting to improve.

Twice this week Ive put things which dont at all go in the fridge into the fridge (you could find jeans or anything in my fridge) and with leaving both the heater on last night accidently in another room while I slept and waking up this morn to find I'd also left my freezer door last night open... I soooo need something for my brain. My B12 shots have platoed.

Hi Tania,

these guys sell nootropics from australia. they come in powders so have to cap them yourself but they are cheap compared to other places i have seen.
I used aniracetam years ago and it helped. There are a few others im interested in trying, oxiracetam, pramiracetam and centrophenoxine.
http://www.suppshop.com.au/index.php?route=common/home they are under the heading supplements, then nootropics. worth a look.

cheers!!!

GhostGum

Hi Tania,

these guys sell nootropics from australia. they come in powders so have to cap them yourself but they are cheap compared to other places i have seen.
I used aniracetam years ago and it helped. There are a few others im interested in trying, oxiracetam, pramiracetam and centrophenoxine.
http://www.suppshop.com.au/index.php?route=common/home they are under the heading supplements, then nootropics. worth a look.

cheers!!!

Thanks for this, have been looking for a source of resveratrol to take sublingually and to have one in AU is great.

Been meaning to try Piracetam for years but never got around to it, for anyone interested though it is probably the most discussed supplement on the longecity forum. As you mentioned Heaps different people get different results for the different racetams, there is like a dozen + or something now; an old poll here which has fairly spread results,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/6215-the-best-racetam/page__mode__show

Guess everyone should start on Piracetam though and go from there.

Heaps apparentlyPiracetam is a Schedule 4 drug in AU? Wondering how it is for sale on that site then, the classification is mind boggling though, just like the melatonin BS I guess; a whisper in the ear from a pharma company and they do whatever they tell them.

jeffrez

Of the nootropic drugs, I've tried:

piracetam
oxiracetam
aniracetam
pramiracetam
nefiracetam
picamilon
hydergine
vinpocetine
DMAE

Piracetam is a good nootropic, maybe still one of the best, but some people require increased choline when taking it to stave off depression. I used to eat that stuff like candy, but then after a few years I started getting irritable from it so I stopped. Then when I tried it again a few years later, I got some upper right quadrant pain, I thought it might have something to do with liver choline metab, but maybe it was something else.

Oxiracetam seems to increase focus the best, almost to the point where your emotions are kind of "submerged." Can make you very "matter of fact," in my experience, and also increase OCD a little.

Aniracetam completely fogged my brain, almost to the point of feeling completely "blank," and vinpocetine now does that also, although at one point it worked well for me. Ani has effects on AMPA receptors, and I think vinpo is a potassium channel blocker. Those were the mechanism I attributed the fog to, although who really knows, b/c I think piracetam has some AMPA effects, too, and it doesn't do that to me. If ani works for you, I think it's one of the more potent ones.

Pramiracetam made me really irritable so I didn't try it again, and nefiracetam has some potentially bad side effects for males, although the studies were on dogs and it's not clear if those effects extend to humans. I didn't think the risk was worth the meager benefits, though, so I didn't continue that one, either. Seemed like it was no better than just plain old piracetam.

DMAE really screwed up my cognition from just a single dose, but I thought that might have more to do with idiosyncratic methylation issues than the drug itself. Hydergine was pretty good, as I recall, but some people can be allergic to it and have anaphylaxis & other reactions. Have to be careful.

For brain blood flow, picamilon is very likely the best, although I think vinpocetine has some good cerebral blood flow enhancing effects, too. For picamilon, I think it's because pic is niacin bound GABA, and the niacin probably causes some vasodilatation. Right now picamilon is my favorite nootropic. I guess because of the GABA and the fact that it actually crosses the BBB, as opposed to plain GABA, it has some anxiolytic properties. If you take too much, you can definitely feel a slight headachey feeling a few hours later from the vaso effects. It's also said to have some restorative effects following trauma, burnout, etc., maybe above and beyond some of the others. For some people I've heard it doesn't do anything, and I guess that's pretty much the case with all of these: the effectiveness of any particular smart drug probably vary widely from person to person. Trial and error. ;- )

heapsreal

My bad, I see it is Pramiracetam and not Piracetam; the beauty of slightly changing a chemical structure :D
Yes i think piracetam is restricted but the other racetams arent. But i think all the reacetams made after piracetam are stronger.
oxiracetam, pramiracetam and centrophenoxine are what i have just ordered. Was after aniracetam but they are sold out, so we will see how the others work out next week.

cheers!!!

GhostGum

Well you are more game than me heaps, I am a bit hesitant to jump into them but guess because I already have enough nootropics around and still doing this which I will swear by,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/51802-gpc-choline-uridine-dha/

Been adding idebenone (better than CoQ10 IMO) 250mg once or twice a day as well. Need to add a form of choline though which I have never done, on that note it appears either of these two are the way to go,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/29215-alpha-gpc-vs-cdp-choline/

Another good discussion here about them along with ALCAR,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/41794-alcar-vs-alpha-gpc-vs-cdpcholine/

jeffrez

Yes i think piracetam is restricted but the other racetams arent. But i think all the reacetams made after piracetam are stronger.
oxiracetam, pramiracetam and centrophenoxine are what i have just ordered. Was after aniracetam but they are sold out, so we will see how the others work out next week.

cheers!!!

Really interested to hear your experiences with the oxi and prami especially, Heaps!

The uridine looks really interesting, GhostGum. I have some AlphaGPC which definitely seems to be a good form of choline for the brain, can really feel effects from taking that, I might try mixing it with the uridine, very intrigued by that.

CDP-choline is another good choline to consider, and Huperzine A has really given me good effects in the past, taken short term and not when taking cholines 'cause i didn't want to get choline overloaded. Haven't taken any of that in a while, either - this thread is really bringing back memories - a nootropic thread for real, lol.

Wait, just reading that smart pub article - is uridine just a CDP-choline precursor? Why not just take the citicholine, and not have to worry about it getting converted? Going to have to read more tomorrow, shouldn't have checked in b4 bed, lol.

heapsreal

Well you are more game than me heaps, I am a bit hesitant to jump into them but guess because I already have enough nootropics around and still doing this which I will swear by,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/51802-gpc-choline-uridine-dha/

Been adding idebenone (better than CoQ10 IMO) 250mg once or twice a day as well. Need to add a form of choline though which I have never done, on that note it appears either of these two are the way to go,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/29215-alpha-gpc-vs-cdp-choline/

Another good discussion here about them along with ALCAR,

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/41794-alcar-vs-alpha-gpc-vs-cdpcholine/

I will try anything within reason to get on top on the cfs BS. If a treatment makes me worse for a day then so be it, if i feel better on it then great. Very limited testing for anything related to cfs/me so when it comes to treatments i think its really a trial and error thing. Maybe i should write a book on 'Treatment trials of heapsreal', lol. I have used racetams years ago (not the ones i have just ordered) but the source i was getting it from closed up, other sources were just too expensive etc. the racetams have been on my to try list again so when i source a cheap source and a bonus is their local, i threw my hat in for a shot. Sometimes some treatments do stop working as well, so i think its always good to have another shot at them after a break and see if one can get some more milage out of them. Treatments stop and start working as much as our symptoms fluctuate.

cheers!!!

taniaaust1

cheers!!!

My boyfriend was researching piracetam for me and came across the following info for Aussies on piracetam. http://piracetam.com.au/

Is it legal in Australia?

Yes. Piracetam is scheduled by the TGA (Therapeutic Goods Administration), but as of 2011 is not prohibited to import for personal usage
http://piracetam.com.au/is-piracetam-legal-in-australia/
"
Is Piracetam Legal in Australia?

Yes, Piracetam is legal in Australia.
It is currently scheduled by the Australian TGA. This means it is legal to own and consume in Australia, but a script from a doctor is technically required. Many top experts including renowned neuroscientists, and pharmacologists, agree that this is extremely restrictive and short sighted by the governing body. Piracetam’s huge body of evidence showing positive effects in many different areas stands in stark contrast to many legally available agents such as alcohol, & cigarettes, that have numerous well documented ill effects.
Due to the fact that Piracetam has zero recreational use (you can’t get high off it), many discussion boards and blogs on the Internet report Australians are importing personal quantities without requiring a prescription to get it through customs. Since it is not scheduled in most countries around the world, Piracetam is treated the same as any other supplement and can be ordered easily online. "

xks201

I tried aniracetam which I have heard is stronger and liked it in high doses. It has to be taken with choline though. It is sort of like a mild version of adderall. I doubt the stuff is going to cure anyone here though. Like anything it is worth a try. It took like 3 grams for me to feel much of anything of aniracetam.

orion

Has anyone here tried Noopept? According to the Wikipedia page it's 1000 times stronger than Piracetam.

link

Of course the Wikipedia entry might have been created by the manufacturer. But still, it looks interesting,