1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Piracetam a miracle supplement?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by tdog333, Apr 25, 2014.

1. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

I have been studying ways to protect and undo damage to the mitochondria. I came across piracetam which has MANY benefits.

The main reason most people use piracetam is for its nootropic effects. It enhances memory, cognition, reflexes, etc..

I found it is also VERY useful for reversing oxidative damage.
    Besides protecting the mitochondria and reversing hypoxic damage it has many beneficial properties.
    It has also been shown to reverse aging in rat brains, help with anxiety, alzheimers, the list goes on and on!

Has anyone taken this before?

You can read more about this here:
    http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/176-piracetam-research/
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
    NK17 and adreno like this.
  2. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    tdog333 likes this.
  3. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    I have used it, in different doses. Sometimes it makes me feel energized and clearheaded, other times brain-fogged and sleepy. It also has a tendency to produce depression after a while, makes my sleep lighter, and seems to increase nerve pain.
    tdog333 likes this.
  4. tdog333

tdog333 Senior Member

@Sushi Thanks for the link!

@adreno What dosage did you use, and were the effects noticeable from the first dose, or cumulative?
    Did you take it with choline and fish oil?
  5. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    IF you are interested in checking out other herbs for mitochondrial protection I would highly suggest cordyceps, motherwort, rhodiola, Chinese skullcap root, and kudzu. You don't have to take all of them together but they are all very potent in protecting the mitochondria!

Don't know too much about Piracetam but it sounds interesting, though I am already taking way too much stuff already and watching for sides I can't add anymore into the mix :/ Another thing you may find interest in is Broken wall Pine Pollen, this has very similar effects to Piracetam, in regards to other things you mentioned. It is very androgenic so you should take it in capsule form or powder if you are under 40years old if it is in tincture form it produces effects of testosterone replacement so you don't want to do that at your age, some body builders probably abuse this though lol!
    SickOfSickness likes this.
  6. adreno

adreno 3% neanderthal

Tundras of Europa
    Anywhere from 400-4800mg, never could get consistent effects. Yeah, I tried with FO and choline.
  7. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    i found piracetam also made me sleepy, maybe through its effects on gaba receptors but other racetams eg aniracetam, pramiracetam are energizing to some degree.

See more popular forum discussions.