Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Pineapple fund--donation to OMF increased to $5 million!

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Neunistiva, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Neunistiva

Neunistiva Senior Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
    Sancar, Deltrus, being and 18 others like this.
  2. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
    Hi guys,

We are awaiting confirmation but it does indeed seem that way. Have reached out to confirm and will get back to you.

B

simeyss, Joh, Mary and 10 others like this.
  3. Cheesus

Cheesus Senior Member

UK
    The bitcoin transaction they quote on their website is for 400 bitcoins, but only part of that went to the OMF. The other part went to a change address (i.e. it went back to the PineappleFund). You don't need to understand why that happens, it's just a normal part of the bitcoin protocol.

As per the Pineapple Fund website, $2m of the total $5m has been donated so far. Bitcoin has just seen a dramatic fall in value, so we will have to wait and see whether or not that affects the final donation amount.

Apologies for posting this on Reddit before the final transaction went through and the OMF had confirmed receipt. As @Ben H mentioned, we should be cautiously optimistic about this, but wait until the money is in the bank to party.

simeyss, Joh, Mary and 8 others like this.
  4. markiz2001

markiz2001

Good thing they didn' keep the bitcoin last time. It went down so much.

Too bad they won' keep the bitcoin this time either. It will probably go up so much.

(Actually, noone knows what' going on with bitcoin atm. Crazy bitcoin)

Simon likes this.
  5. markiz2001

markiz2001

Btw - this is almost 10% of the entire pineapple fund.

Abrin, Mel9, simeyss and 5 others like this.
  6. Neunistiva

Neunistiva Senior Member

OMF has confirmed it!

-Jessie-, Abrin, Mel9 and 16 others like this.
  7. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
    [​IMG]

PINEAPPLE FUND INCREASES DONATION TO $5 MILLION

Two weeks ago, on January 14, 2018, OMF received a $1 million donation from the Pineapple Fund to “accelerate much-needed research for ME/CFS and related chronic complex diseases."

The Pineapple Fund was so moved by the outpouring of appreciation from our US and international OMF family, that today they have increased their commitment with an additional $4 million donation through bitcoin to bring their total support to $5 million! Linda Tannenbaum, OMF CEO/President, believes the additional donation was made in response to the overwhelming gratitude expressed by the patient community on Reddit and other social media.

OMF has received thousands of likes and comments on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit. Patients and family members have been moved to tears by this exciting news. Here are two examples of the heartfelt gratitude:
    “Thank you for giving hope to people suffering with this disease. My son has had it for about 10 years, most of that time it was not recognized as an illness, let alone a serious one. A life full of exhaustion and pain may come to an end soon for him and other sufferers.” Ann W.

“Thank you, Pineapple Fund, for seeing beyond the cloak of invisibility laid upon this horrid illness and recognizing the desperate need. The hope this provides is palpable.” Liane B.

To each and every person who expressed their appreciation, we thank you! Your actions and positive reactions have truly helped advance research.

This additional funding will drive research already underway in several key areas: creating a diagnostic test for ME/CFS; scaling up patient data analysis; accelerating the development of new technology to identify treatment options; and ultimately, research towards a cure.

Expressing support for the work of OMF, “Pine” from the Pineapple Fund said in a recent message: “I had known about ME/CFS for a while, and I know it is a serious condition without much in the way of treatment or research. I've recently received letters of support from esteemed academics in the field strongly supporting OMF, and that helped me make the decision!"

We are tremendously grateful to the Pineapple Fund for igniting OMF's research and delivering hope!

[​IMG]
    www.omf.ngo

Are there any words for this?!!!!!

B

8. lafarfelue

lafarfelue Senior Member

Australia
    Holy wow! This is intense! Thanks so much to Pineapple Fund!

Mel9, Sancar, Joh and 4 others like this.
  9. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    YAYYYYYY!!!!!!

Mel9, Sancar, Mary and 10 others like this.
  10. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
  11. tinacarroll27

tinacarroll27 Senior Member

UK
    Oh fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::balloons:

Mel9, Sancar, Mary and 11 others like this.
  12. AdamS

AdamS Senior Member

Speechless again. Simply incredible news, faith restored in humanity, lets party!!

Thanks again to all involved, also of course Pine for the immeasurable generosity :)

Mel9, Teddi, Mary and 8 others like this.
  13. Ben H

Ben H OMF Correspondent

U.K.
    I’d like to again thank @Silencio and @Cheesus for reaching out directly, for all patients comments on reddit.

Five. Million. Dolllars.

B

Mel9, Sancar, Murph and 25 others like this.
  14. mrquasar

mrquasar Senior Member

Houston, TX USA
    OMG! Phenomenal news! It feels like the tide is finally beginning to turn now!!!

Mel9, Mary, Sushi and 5 others like this.
  15. Joh

Joh Inactivist

Germany
    :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Mel9, Mary, Sushi and 7 others like this.
  16. rel8ted

rel8ted

VA
    Completely awes struck. Thank you Mr.Pineapple!!!!!

Mel9, Mary, Sushi and 6 others like this.
  17. Binkie4

Binkie4 Senior Member

So grateful for you seeing our plight and despair. Thank you Pineapple Fund.

Mel9, Mary, Sushi and 4 others like this.
  18. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I think saying Thank you! five million times would do but the PEM would be overwhelming. Hopefully a large majority of us with CFS/ME will split up the five million thank you's and flood Pine with our individual gratitude.

I hope the appreciation in this thread will be passed on to Pine.

Mel9, Soup Dragon, Mary and 7 others like this.
  19. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    OMG that is wonderful!!!!:love::love::love:

Is there somewhere we can thank Mr./Ms. Pine?

Mel9, Mary, Sushi and 2 others like this.
  20. Silencio

Silencio Senior Member

Mary, Comet, Sushi and 8 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.