• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pinched nerve in my neck is killing me!

JAH

@Gingergrrl I also have a pinched nerve in my neck. (2 more in my back, but the neck is the worst). By far the best thing I have tried is the theracane.

http://www.theracane.com

I can't recommend it more highly. It works better than Advil, lyrica, acupressure mat (though I use all of those). You just need to figure out which spots - for me top and back of shoulders- to work on, and it will provide relief. Unfortunately not a cure, but has been the best treatment for me.

I also use a neck brace, which at times is also very effective. It looks and feels stupid, but when you feel like your head is too heavy for your your neck, it helps. It seem to calm things down.

Good luck. I know people for whom cortisone shots work, but I'm not a candidate for it, and would be worried about how I'd tolerate it. Not sure if that's an option for you.

JAH

Gingergrrl

Interesting that you bought your mat after I mentioned it on the forum. I never got one, but clicking on your link and reading about it again makes me think it would be an ideal birthday present (April 5). So thanks for that. :)

@Wayne So... your b-day is April 5th? You are not on my list either but unless you tell me otherwise, you are getting a b-day thread from us :D.

@Gingergrrl I also have a pinched nerve in my neck. (2 more in my back, but the neck is the worst). By far the best thing I have tried is the theracane.

http://www.theracane.com

I can't recommend it more highly. It works better than Advil, lyrica, acupressure mat (though I use all of those). You just need to figure out which spots - for me top and back of shoulders- to work on, and it will provide relief. Unfortunately not a cure, but has been the best treatment for me.

I also use a neck brace, which at times is also very effective. It looks and feels stupid, but when you feel like your head is too heavy for your your neck, it helps. It seem to calm things down.

Good luck. I know people for whom cortisone shots work, but I'm not a candidate for it, and would be worried about how I'd tolerate it. Not sure if that's an option for you.

JAH

Neck braces sounds like a good idea, too, to keep movement and unnecessary pain to a minimal. Let us know how it goes with the neck support.

Theracane's done me well over the few months since I started using it. I also got a Muscle Wiz last Christmas and being hands-free is awesome when I'm at the desk doing work.

perchance dreamer

Hi @perchance dreamer,

Interesting that you bought your mat after I mentioned it on the forum. I never got one, but clicking on your link and reading about it again makes me think it would be an ideal birthday present (April 5). So thanks for that. :)

Just curious, what does AZ stand for? Amazon?

Sorry, Wayne. I just saw your question. Yes, AZ is for Amazon.

Misfit Toy

@perchance dreamer Thank you for the info. The activator looks scary but the mat looks interesting and something I might want to try. I see my chiro again on Fri and will inquire about both.

Ginger, the activator is actually great. It works really well for me and puts things into place. I have had it done several times over the years and it really works and doesn't hurt.

Misfit Toy

I just wanted you guys to know why I am not around or responding to messages b/c when I type, the pain shoots down my right arm and keeps me awake all night.

This is me right here but only with left arm and my chiropractor makes it worse. not sure what to do.