Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Pinched nerve in my neck is killing me!

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by Gingergrrl, Mar 9, 2015.

1. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    @Gingergrrl I also have a pinched nerve in my neck. (2 more in my back, but the neck is the worst). By far the best thing I have tried is the theracane.

http://www.theracane.com

I can't recommend it more highly. It works better than Advil, lyrica, acupressure mat (though I use all of those). You just need to figure out which spots - for me top and back of shoulders- to work on, and it will provide relief. Unfortunately not a cure, but has been the best treatment for me.

I also use a neck brace, which at times is also very effective. It looks and feels stupid, but when you feel like your head is too heavy for your your neck, it helps. It seem to calm things down.

Good luck. I know people for whom cortisone shots work, but I'm not a candidate for it, and would be worried about how I'd tolerate it. Not sure if that's an option for you.

JAH

Wayne, Gingergrrl and oceiv like this.
  2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    @Wayne So... your b-day is April 5th? You are not on my list either but unless you tell me otherwise, you are getting a b-day thread from us :D.

Wayne likes this.
  3. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    @Wayne My theracane was a birthday present! Also a candidate, I would recommend for yours, happy almost birthday.

Gingergrrl and Wayne like this.
  4. BrianMTR

BrianMTR

Neck braces sounds like a good idea, too, to keep movement and unnecessary pain to a minimal. Let us know how it goes with the neck support.

Theracane's done me well over the few months since I started using it. I also got a Muscle Wiz last Christmas and being hands-free is awesome when I'm at the desk doing work.

JAH likes this.
  5. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

Sorry, Wayne. I just saw your question. Yes, AZ is for Amazon.

6. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA

Ginger, the activator is actually great. It works really well for me and puts things into place. I have had it done several times over the years and it really works and doesn't hurt.

7. perchance dreamer

perchance dreamer Senior Member

I agree about the activator: It doesn't hurt, and it really helps. It's a very gentle way to get adjusted.

8. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    This is me right here but only with left arm and my chiropractor makes it worse. not sure what to do.

See more popular forum discussions.