• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pills you need while asleep?

What pills help you avoid symptoms at night, giving you better sleep? I don't mean pills that are meant for staying asleep or falling asleep.

For example, I have some kind of OI or OH. I am taking thyroid in the day, and some other pills that improve circulation, BP, etc. If it's day and the pill wears off, I get more symptoms and don't like the feeling. Same with some kinds of allergy treatments. I am thinking of trying them at night. It seems stupid to get in bed with those symptoms. Why not? Unless the pills are keeping me awake or making me wake early.

I have not seen this discussed anywhere. Seems like doctors assume you only need it when you're awake. But sleep quality matters so much! Also for example, I have seen people who wear compression stockings to bed. I feel like I need them all day, and in bed too. Lying on my back or other positions is almost worse for me than sitting, for some reason.