Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Physical activity buffers fatigue only under low chronic stress

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Not an ME/CFS study so may have limited relevance.
    Nater has been involved in CFS research.

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

This abstract seems weirdly written in a way that makes me wonder if they're trying to avoid being clear for a reason.

3. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

I learned many years ago that medical personnel always interpret the word stress as psychological. If you were trained in strength of materials you would naturally understand that a purely physical interpretation of stress and strain is possible, and you can extend this to the concept of physical stressors other than mechanical force. You can find papers in which physiological stress is carefully delineated, but there are far too many in which the concept remains conveniently slippery.

4. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Hibernating

South Australia
    *yawn*

No physical markers, so it was just an effect of different questionnaire answering behaviour.

panckage and Keela Too like this.

See more popular forum discussions.