1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Phylogeny-Directed Search for Murine Leukemia Virus-Like Retroviruses in Vertebrate G

Discussion in 'XMRV Research and Replication Studies' started by Deatheye, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Deatheye

Deatheye Senior Member

Phylogeny-Directed Search for Murine Leukemia Virus-Like Retroviruses in Vertebrate Genomes and in Patients Suffering from Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndromeand Prostate Cancer

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/av/2011/341294/

2. RustyJ

RustyJ Contaminated Cell Line 'RustyJ'

Brisbane, Aust
    When I read this I get a sense that there is some backsliding going on regarding contamination: ie the door has opened slightly in our favor. Whether it amounts to anything tangible is another thing.
  3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi, I haven't read this paper in detail yet, only skimmed it, but the lead author Jonas Blomberg has written a similar piece before that I summarized in a previous thread. In general I like what I have read although I need to read this paper in detail before commenting on specifics. His earlier paper is the source of my repeated statement that MLLVs are a vertebrate virus, not necessarily just mammals. We have no idea at all how widespread they are. It is highly unlikely, given the evolutionary time frames, that humans cannot and do not carry some members of this virus family. I would like to see some serious deep genome sequencing of a sizable number of healthy people and PWMEs. Bye, Alex
  4. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    This is weird. Second time today I have seen this posted again... came out in June. Any reason why it is up again now?
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
  6. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Danke Alex

See more popular forum discussions.