1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Photosensitivity

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Xhale19991, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Xhale19991

Xhale19991

Does anyone else deal with this as a symptom? Is it common in ME?

I can barely look at a computer or television for more than 10 minutes anymore without my eyes beginning to feel like they are on fire. My vision in general has been degrading as well.
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    typical symptom of things like mold toxins, or other bio toxins, I think you should try Dr. Shoemakers protocol as soon as possible! You would benefit greatly!

Todd

p.s. every time I herx from lyme my vision is so blurred I feel like I am gonna go blind lol!
  3. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Is Jim Jones alive and well on PR?

Left Coast
    Pretty common in general, and not necessarily from mold. I've had it from day one and I know I got it from a virus.

I have to wear sunglasses when I'm inside where lights are on. I never turn my own lights on.

I also now have a ton of floaters, dry eye syndrome and have been unable to get new glasses. You might want to get some preservative free eye drops. The ones in vials are the best. That will help the burning. I use these. They are the biggest ones I've found

http://www.amazon.com/Tears-Natural... free lubricant eye drops 60 single-use vials

Try F. Lux for your computer. It's a free download that dims the screen. Works great for me.
  4. ithought

ithought

Wales uk
    Sadly it's a common symptom in ME. Sun glasses and eye masks are you new best friend. :/
  5. Raindrop

Raindrop Senior Member

USA
    I would add to this HATS. I have about 8 of them at least by now. I must go everywhere with
    wide brimmed hats as well as sun glasses. Multiple sleep masks as well!! The bright lights
    are a killer and florescent lights can bring on a 911 emergency if I am under them more than
    briefly.

Xhale, I am so sorry that you are beginning to have these problems. They came about for me
    over time....later on in the illness. Try to prevent issues as much as possible if you can even
    try sunglasses indoors with the TV (sometimes that helps as well.)

See more popular forum discussions.