1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Photophobia and pain from watching screen light

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by optimist, Aug 2, 2014.

1. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    I used to suffer from photophobia, but fortunately it has subsided some time ago. However, as I read another member here struggles with it, it domed on me I should share about something that helped me when looking at my computer.

There's a program called f.lux that decreases the amount of blue and increases the amount of red colour on the monitor. It is meant to help people sleep better after sitting late night by the computer, but I found that turning down screen light and using f.lux on a very low setting also benefited me regarding the light sensitivity.

Hopefully it can help some of you who struggle with it too. The program works with WIndows, Mac, iPad/iPhone. For Andoid phone/tablet you can use Twilight.

Art Vandelay, Sushi and ahmo like this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Narcissism = lack of self awareness

Left Coast
    I've been using that for years. Saves me. For your iPhone you can just dim the screen in settings.

optimist likes this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    I LOVE f.lux:love:

WillowJ and optimist like this.
  4. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Twilight is not for iPhone. Only android from what I can see

5. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    For me I both dim screen light to the lowest setting, and then turn the "heat" to just above 2000 with a f.lux look-a-like program that I. So my screen gets pretty dark and easy on my eyes :)

6. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    I believe that's what I wrote :) Well, actually I wrote "Andoid" which sounds like a two years old just getting to learn about technology ;)

7. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I ran the entire sentence together because I can't focus. I saw The program works with WIndows, Mac, iPad/iPhone you can use Twilight.

optimist likes this.
  8. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    I do that quite often myself, even when people speak I can hear them say something quite amusing that they really did not say :) I guess that is not ME related in my case, more of a personality thing or something...

9. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I have constant brain fog so unless i'm totally concentrating everything is pretty much a blur.

10. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Wow, I need to remember this, it was one of the reasons why I couldnt some of the online shopping sites as site was too bright so it hurt my head.

I used to have my screen set on that very dark screen here on PR a couple of years or so ago (I dont know if one can still change the screen colours now).

optimist likes this.
  11. optimist

optimist Senior Member

Norway
    Just click on your user name way up on the top of this site, almost to the far right. From there go to 'Preferences'. A pop-up box comes alive, and there in the first drop-down list you can choose a darker theme.

See more popular forum discussions.