Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Photographs of CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Andrew, May 22, 2013.

1. jimells

jimells Senior Member

northern Maine
    The photos and posters are great. But posting them on Facebook might not be such a good idea. My understanding is they own everything posted on Facebook. Only one of many reasons I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook.

2. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    Visual feedback doesn't register with most people. I used to have such bad OI that it was very difficult to walk. At one doctor's office I used to go to, the staff there was very tuned into this type of thing. I only had to walk about 4 feet before two of them would rush over to hold me by my arms and steady me. And this was not an office of a CFS doctor. This was just regular staff who happened to be alert. But most people are oblivious to this kind of thing.

Another example is where I used to work. The final year I was working everybody told me I looked just fine. But one woman came to my desk and was very concerned. I asked her how she knew I was sick. She told me it was obvious from the way I walk.

3. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    If someone says to you "but, you don't LOOK sick", I think that we should reply "well but, you don't LOOK stupid, either"!

Lala and GracieJ like this.
  4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    OMGGGGGGGG this was priceless:lol: I am gonna have to use this!!!!

5. LaurelW

LaurelW Senior Member

Utah
    There was an article about CFS on the front page of our local paper two years ago--
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...bone-crushing-fatigue-pain-for-many.html?pg=1

Among the pictures is a close-up of my face that says pretty well how exhausted I was. I look pretty different now after being on Ampligen for two years.

I have to wonder at Beth Unger saying they wanted to put a positive spin on it and that's why the cheery pictures. WTF!! There is nothing whatsoever cheery about this illness.

GracieJ and Nielk like this.
  6. Seewell

Seewell Senior Member

Dont know if this is any good to you.(You could put more suffering in it,with some added text)

[​IMG]

7. Living Dead

Living Dead

That was the image used for an article in Norway's national internet newspaper a few days ago. It was on the front page for several days. http://p3.no/dokumentar/statist-i-livet/

8. Shell

Shell Senior Member

England
    Here's a couple I made.
    Face of ME.png ME.png

See more popular forum discussions.