• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising's First (Official) Forum Manager

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Dear members,

Phoenix Rising has come a long way from the small newsletter, blog, and humble little forum we started several years ago. I have been functioning as a kind of de facto Forum manager since the Forums were created. That worked for awhile but as we have taken on other projects, my inability to attend as fully to the Forums as they have needed has resulted iin gaps and breakdowns. Luckily, one of the benefits of being a non-profit has been the willingness of supporters to assist Phoenix Rising in achieving its goals.

On the Forum end we are very lucky to have Dainty, a person with ME/CFS, step forward to volunteer to manage the day to day needs of the Forum. Dainty has a wide vision for what the Forums can be for people with ME/CFS and a commitment to them that I find very exciting.

Please welcome and support Dainty as she becomes our first (official) Forum Manager. I look forward to seeing what she creates. :DThanks!

SOC

My most sincere thanks to Dainty for undertaking this task -- especially on a volunteer basis.

Cort, Dainty, and others (who also deserve naming, but I don't know who they are :D) have put in a lot of work recently to improve the environment here at PR. I was amazed when, after having been gone for several months, I peeked in to check on a specific topic and found how much more pleasant and manageable the general tone had become here. I had thought I'd left PR forever because I couldn't cope with certain aspects of the community interaction, so I was incredibly pleased to see how quickly new procedures had been implemented to improve the environment without substantially changing the community.

I think I have (among other things, I'm sure) Dainty's willingness to undertake the huge job of managing the day to day operations of the forum to thank for the changes that make it possible for me to be a member of this community.

Enid

Good luck Dainty, and thanks and as far as possible good health.

mellster

Marco
Dainty - thank you so much for the hard work and for always being so friendly and diplomatic :) I hope over time this could be built out to the largest audience possible, including doctors and researchers and possibly generate some revenue to supplement all the people working so hard on it.

pamb

Thank you so much Dainty for taking on such a huge job to serve the community. :balloons: And to the rest of the team for this amazing place to learn and share. Cort's vision has certainly grown to be something amazing. I'm with 3CIDS@ourhouse Dainty, be sure to take care of yourself while you take care of all of us.:thumbsup:

Dainty

Thank you, everyone! :D

Cort has worked so hard to make this place what it is and I'm honored to be entrusted with such an awesome responsibility as Phoenix Rising expands. Your votes of confidence are just the thing to kick off my new role! I can't do this job alone, however, and would like to take a moment to thank the rest of the team for their efforts - much of which has ended up under my name as of late - as well as others who have simply come alongside to support me personally.

:thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to drawing out the potential of this amazing community and am counting on you all to keep up the good work in supporting each other and providing quality information on ME/CFS. We'll be asking for more volunteers to contribute with small efforts that can make a big difference, and altogether the result is gonna be something so good that the empowerment radiating from this place will put healthy people to shame. We may be disabled in ways most people cannot begin to comprehend, but standing together we are strong and can accomplish more than imagined possible...especially from such lazy bums as ourselves! ;)

I'm blessed to consider this place my virtual home and promise to do my best to provide you all with a fraction of what you deserve. :hug:

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
This is a SPECIAL forum. Thanks to all who do so much. Thanks Cort, thanks Miss Dainty!

potssnailname-1.jpg

Nielk

I am joining the others in showing my appreciation to Dainty for taking this big step to serve as FORUM MANAGER.
I agree that it's a great pick and we are so grateful that you took the responsibility.
We are a lucky bunch here.
A big THANK YOU!:thumbsup::hug::thumbsup:

Thanks so much Dainty, for taking on this enormous task. What a wonderful choice.

A big thanks also to Cort and all the other behind the scenes people for creating, developing and maintaining this terrific forum.

It is now up to each and every one of us who post here to try to make Dainty's job as easy as possible.

*GG*

Thanks Dainty and others.

Please consider a donation, if possible, you can donate as little as $1/month on a recurring basis if you want.

GG