• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

hensue

:Sign Good Job::victory:Thanks
Awesome video as I look out my front window listening to it!! I loved the song and pictures. I hope people will appreciate the video like we do!!! Will they ever understand?? I must say this is a great start!

Thanks to All!

Did you try clicking on the "Just Fans" tab at the top of the page? When you first access the page, you only see the WPI posts and comments. To see posts by fans, you must click the "Just Fans" tab or the "Whittemore Peterson Institute + Fans" tab. I just discovered this yesterday. The tabs are hard to spot.

Hey, there it is! Excellent, thank you. I'll post the link tomorrow. :)

A word from Cinder Bridge's producer

The feedback is starting to trickle in, all positive. The comments I most want to share come from Drew Raison. He's our producer, and he mixed down "Everybody Knows About Me." He also contributed to the arrangement -- he wrote and played those amazing organ and bass parts. Our song is so much more for what he contributed.

Anyway, we sent him the link today, and here's what he had to say:

Well. Isn't that something.

Ya know, having worked on the production of "Everybody Knows About Me", I've heard the song no fewer than a hundred times. I know the lyrics, the melody and the meaning, I know the personal struggle that brought this song to the world.

It was awesome to see the video, it was really nice work. I hope the awareness that it brings helps the ME/CFS community.

---

Drew is an impressive person to impress. So again, nice work, guys. :)

Frickly

Thanks to everyone who worked on this. For me.....It is very touching and personal. I hope that others, who do not have this disease, feel the same way. I posted it everywhere I could think of. :)

starryeyes

We really appreciate everyone's feedback. We're very glad that the producer of the song liked the video as much as we did when we made it. We couldn't have done it without all of you.

Teej & Mr. Teej

jackie

Thank you The Teej'es, Cinderkeys, ALL! The haunting music, the lyrics, the vocals and my comrades faces...Wonderful!

It's on my FB page, too. Tried to think of something "profound" to write as an accompaniment...but I decided to simply tell the truth.

"Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome...Thirteen Years."

(I long ago gave up crying...as my tears were so deep and so futile. But today I cried...and cried...and cried. And at last it felt good!)

jackie

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
I had no idea there were so many beautiful women on Phoenix Rising.

But the men.. the men are gorgeous.

Jody

teejkay,

You're gonna tell me I can put a link on ncubator, arentcha?:rolleyes:

I have posted it on my facebook Wall and my mother's. My cousin promptly picked up on it and put it on her Wall too.

My husband Alan watched the video, said it was awesome.:D

I sent a link to my editor at empowher, she thought it was very cool by the way. :)

SeaShel

I had no idea there were so many beautiful women on Phoenix Rising.

But the men.. the men are gorgeous.

I said something similar to my husband - along the lines of "wow, we've got some serious eye candy".

I'm not nearly as refined and circumspect as Dr. Yes I'm afraid. ;-)

Again, my kudos and gratitude to everyone involved.

Shelley

starryeyes

teejkay,

You're gonna tell me I can put a link on ncubator, arentcha?:rolleyes:

I have posted it on my facebook Wall and my mother's. My cousin promptly picked up on it and put it on her Wall too.

My husband Alan watched the video, said it was awesome.:D

I sent a link to my editor at empowher, she thought it was very cool by the way. :)

Nice Jody. Of course you can put it on ncubator. I just went there and you have a really nice Blog. I love that picture of you sitting on the steps barefoot.

What kind of treatment are you doing and is it still helping you?

teej

I'm really struck by all the beautiful people here too! That's part of why I wanted to make a video starring all of you. :Retro smile:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey Dreambirdie,

And the awful truth - it is rumoured - is that the dear Doctor, when still walking about and around, was widely known for leaving myriads of swooning women in his trail, stupefied by the emanations of his tremendous GQ...

Or so he thinks. Those emanations do leave a trail, tho I'm not sure exactly of what.:Retro wink::Retro smile::Retro smile: And that tremendous GQ remains to be seen. :cool::Retro tongue::Retro tongue:

OK, ok... women (and especially Jungian ones) often are beyond me and my comprehension. I confess. (Can't help admiring them, another weakness: you ain't seen women in their full glory but photoshopped through the male I/eye ;)

I am beyond my own comprehension at times, Maarten, so don't think you have me photoshopped, until I have heretofore photoshopped myself.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I started tearing up at that first picture - the girl staring out the window. It was sooo saddd. Somehow I had missed that Cinderkeys had written a song specifically for CFS and what a wonderful, strong song it is and what a wonderful voice she has and what a wonderful professional job you did Teejkay!..... (I can see how it took so long!)...Jody's sad picture really got to me in the middle of it and did many others. This and Laurels video are the most moving I've seen. Both brought me to tears. Thanks so much. I think this will hang around for a long time.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
Just got this reply from a friend after I sent her the link:

How cool!!!! It's GREAT!!!!! Does the person who made the video know the songwriter/keyboardist? The song is absolutely awesome... I love love love the melody, and the lyrics are amazing at how they spell out what it's like. Just amazing. And the use of the photos is such a good idea... It really is such a great way to help people understand... Thanks for sharing it.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I started tearing up at that first picture - the girl staring out the window. It was sooo saddd. Somehow I had missed that Cinderkeys had written a song specifically for CFS and what a wonderful, strong song it is and what a wonderful voice she has and what a wonderful professional job you did Teejkay!..... (I can see how it took so long!)...Jody's sad picture really got to me in the middle of it and did many others. This and Laurels video are the most moving I've seen. Both brought me to tears. Thanks so much. I think this will hang around for a long time.

Yup, me too, Cort. I cry every time I watch it, and so has everyone I've shared it with.

Very moving and powerful.