• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

Congratulations on getting this thing together. Wow. The first frame really got me. It's beyond surreal to see someone else's envisioning of the person staring out the window. I had only ever seen that in my head.

The "don't look sick" issue is a tough one. When I see the healthy-looking people in this video I think, "Ahh, that's a person on a rare good day," or "That's before he/she got sick." People who haven't seen sufferers on a bad day won't clue in on that. Hopefully they'll take heed of the "Looks can be deceiving" message.

Off to post on my blog ...

creekfeet

Sockfeet
It is so beautiful. Love and thanks to teej, Mr. teej, Cinderkeys and everyone who shared photos.

I had to wait about 45 minutes for the whole thing to load through my dialup but it was worth the wait. Need sleep now, but can hardly wait to get it linked from my FB and twitter and blog.

sproggle

Jan
It's fantastic, the song still gets me everytime. Thanks soo much for all your hard work on this :victory:

I take it as much exposure is wanted for this as pos, so ok to post it places like facebook?

thanks again to all invovled
:hug:
Jan x

LaurelB

Well done, Teejkay! Thanks for putting it together. And of course, thanks to Cinderkeys! :) I hope to put it up on my blog soon as well.

A

AndreaPring

Absolutely fantastic. I'll be putting it on my blog today. Already put it on relevant Facebook pages. Well done all, for your hard work!

jace

Off the fence
Really good, Teejkay, and great that you highlight the WPI and the Phoenix in the end credits. Brilliant. The link is getting sent to all my families. Including the moneybagses. You never know, they may feel moved to donate to the WPI :innocent1:

I didn't think I looked particularly well... the little lads are blooming, though :D blooming monkeys. Love them.

Teejkay, Cinderkeys, and all involved :balloons::Sign Good Job::thumbsup::balloons:

JustJack

put on yer dancin' shoes
I love it! It is so beautiful and sad and I love looking out that window!!!!
What a great job you did!!!!!!!
:D:D:victory:
JJ

SeaShel

Adding my thanks Tee - I'm proud of you being able to put it together, and very appreciative of your efforts and grateful to be included.

It's on my FB and has been emailed to just about every one of my contacts. (now if only my family pays any attention!)

Shelley

starryeyes

Mr. Teej and I are so glad you all like it. (We love those names for us, Creek.)

Everyone please feel free to put this video up on FB or your blogs or anywhere else. :Retro smile:

Danny, your painting of the ducks on the water is wonderful. It's so huge!

Jace, I love that picture of you. You look so adorable there and I can see your image reflected in your darling grandkids.

teej

I've posted the link up on my blog and on Facebook.

I told Teej, who doesn't use Facebook, that I'd post the link to the WPI's wall on Monday (when there would be more traffic). I think they'd appreciate the big ol' donate-to-WPI link toward the end. However, I posted something else to their wall recently, and it didn't show up there. In fact, I don't see updates from anyone but them. Hmm.

Jerry S

I've posted the link up on my blog and on Facebook.

I told Teej, who doesn't use Facebook, that I'd post the link to the WPI's wall on Monday (when there would be more traffic). I think they'd appreciate the big ol' donate-to-WPI link toward the end. However, I posted something else to their wall recently, and it didn't show up there. In fact, I don't see updates from anyone but them. Hmm.

Hi cinderkeys,

Did you try clicking on the "Just Fans" tab at the top of the page? When you first access the page, you only see the WPI posts and comments. To see posts by fans, you must click the "Just Fans" tab or the "Whittemore Peterson Institute + Fans" tab. I just discovered this yesterday. The tabs are hard to spot.

Wonderful video!

Best wishes,
Jerry

Finch

Down With the Sickness
Wonderful!

Teej, cinderkeys, and all involved:

Thank you so much - you've done a wonderful job. The song is wonderful, and I love seeing the photos of my friends here. The ones I know are particularly poignant for me. Yes, I have grins of recognition and tears for your pain.

I think the range of what we look like is depicted so well here. From those who clearly can't even sit upright to those who can appear normal. (Those of us who know can still see what's going on behind those smiles.) This is very representative of our illness and how it affects everyone differently and each of us differently from one day to the next.

Beautiful job - I can't wait to share this! :Sign Good Job:

Finch