• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

jace

Off the fence
"We've decided to use Cinderkeys song for the video and I'm really happy because I think it's awesome. It's sung by a woman but the song is about a guy.

This is her song: Everybody Knows About Me:

http://www.myspace.com/cinderbridge ..."

Awesome truth in them there lyrics! It is so resonant to my experience. Have sent photo, hope it's not too late

jace x

Tammie

Well, it looks like I am going to have to redo the pics, bc the paper I was holding up does not really look big enough for lyrics....if I could figure out how to make the self timer thing work on my camera I could just take pics on my own, but for some reason, it won't work (camera is new and I read the instructions several times & timer still won't work, so I have no idea why)

so, after I get someone to take more pics (& I pick out a decent one) I will send one

really hope we get a bunch of people doing this, though

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
I sent a few photos. I don't know if they'll work or not. I'm open to retaking them if needed.

I had to use the camera on my laptop so it was an awkward, interesting and challenging process. I didn't send the ones where I missed my head or angled up my nostrils.
:Sign giggle:​

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I'm working up to getting a photo to you, Tee. I hope we get more people on the video, but I'm sure it will take a while to collect the photos. SO don't give up hope, and remember:

"It's like EATING AN ELEPHANT. You just go ONE BITE AT A TIME."

starryeyes

"We've decided to use Cinderkeys song for the video and I'm really happy because I think it's awesome. It's sung by a woman but the song is about a guy.

This is her song: Everybody Knows About Me:

http://www.myspace.com/cinderbridge ..."

Awesome truth in them there lyrics! It is so resonant to my experience. Have sent photo, hope it's not too late

jace x

Hi jace,

Thank your for your picture. :Retro smile:

tee

starryeyes

Well, it looks like I am going to have to redo the pics, bc the paper I was holding up does not really look big enough for lyrics....if I could figure out how to make the self timer thing work on my camera I could just take pics on my own, but for some reason, it won't work (camera is new and I read the instructions several times & timer still won't work, so I have no idea why)

so, after I get someone to take more pics (& I pick out a decent one) I will send one

really hope we get a bunch of people doing this, though

That's great you'll use larger paper Tammie. Thanks so much! We're starting to get some pictures now and they're wonderful! This is a very fun project. :Retro smile:

starryeyes

I sent a few photos. I don't know if they'll work or not. I'm open to retaking them if needed.

I had to use the camera on my laptop so it was an awkward, interesting and challenging process. I didn't send the ones where I missed my head or angled up my nostrils.
:Sign giggle:​

lol gracenote! We received your pics and they're wonderful. Thank you very much. :Retro smile:

Cort said he's happy to send in a photo! YAY!!! Our fearless leader will be in the video. Come on everyone! Send in your pics.. you know you'll wish you had once you see the video.
:D

Everyone is actually anonymous that's doing this so far, only you'll know which picture is yours unless you want to tell people. So don't be shy! And don't worry about me seeing it because I'm so brainfogged I won't know which is which or who is who.

Btw, we have the picture for the person at the window so that's taken.

Tammie

Yay, Cort's going to be in it....and yay that you are getting more responses!......although now i am getting worried that i won't get mine in in time......cannot get the timer thing to work on my camera, so I have to once again get someone to take pics of me.....this is a really really cool idea, though....I actually usually don't like having my pic taken/ shown, but bc of what this is for I totally want to be a part of it.....might be able to get my counselor to take a couple of pics of me on Mon....if I feel well enough to get to her office and if I rememebr to ask (the joys of CFS makes both of those things iffy)

starryeyes

No worries Tammie, we're going to wait quite awhile to give people a chance to get pics in. You're wonderful for going to so much trouble! Of course we would wait for you, Hon. We're on CFS time here. Never hurry and never worry. :Retro smile:

starryeyes

Well you can hold up something small even 8 x 11 and we might have some lyrics, clear the lyrics then post the next lyrics and so on. At least that's what we think we can do and we may also use Photoshop and make what you're holding larger. So do whatever works for you all and make it easy for yourselves. :)

sproggle

Jan
Sent in some video of myself from last year when I was recording my symptoms not sure if it will be what your looking for.

It's heavily edited, i didn't think it was necessary to leave in the scene where my arse looks HUGE (walking away from setting up the camera), or when I'm talking to the dog in a silly voice lol! :ashamed:

Don't know if it's right for the Phoenix Rising video but your welcome to use it.

Tammie

No worries Tammie, we're going to wait quite awhile to give people a chance to get pics in. You're wonderful for going to so much trouble! Of course we would wait for you, Hon. We're on CFS time here. Never hurry and never worry. :Retro smile:

Nice to know you would wait for me! :Retro smile:

and CFS time is good.....I know I still sometimes can get impatient (more with myself than with anyone else, though) about being stuck on CFS time, but I'm getting better about that

I have been wondering about the whole brochure thing, but that is not really impatience - it's excitement about the idea and concern about the person (fresheyes, I think) who is going to make it so that we can download it (concern, as in hoping that he (or she - not sure which, sorry) is ok, bc I haven't heard anything in awhile)

as to this idea, though, it's not really what I consider "going to so much trouble" getting the picture - just slightly more effort than I had originally thought it would be - but it's fun, and I totally love the whole idea, so it is definitely not trouble....I am just happy to even be able to be a small part of it

starryeyes

YayTammie! You are a positive force here. :D Your posts are very uplifting.

Fresh Eyes is a gal and last I saw she had put herself on the Burned Out Bench way down in the lounge here. So think "gone fishin'". :Retro smile:

tee

jace x

Hey, thanks! You have the permission of the copyright holder (that's me) to make as many copies as you want and share it around. I want to get the song/message out there, and me describing it to people just makes it sound like a public service announcement set to music. :)

Tammie

tee......I know that you have reassured me that we are on CFS time, but I wanted to let you know that I did get some more pics taken.....have been crashing tremendously this week, though, so have not gotten them downloaded and sent yet.....will try to do so in the next few days

oh and thanks for the compliment - I do try to be positive most of the time : )

also good to know about fresh eyes (I mean not good that she is on the bench, but good to know she is ok)

starryeyes

Hi Tammie,

I'm fighting a vicious flu and the moment myself. I know we're all sicker in the winter. I'm planning on really getting gung-ho on asking for pictures in the spring. No worries.

tee