• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix Rising YouTube Video Thread

starryeyes

The Phoenix Rising ME/CFS YouTube video is up.

[video=youtube;00BZCjVK_6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BZCjVK_6I[/video]

Feel free to put this video on Blogs, FB or wherever you want.

You can access it at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00BZCjVK_6I

Thank you very much to everyone who sent in your wonderful pictures and a big thank you to Cinderkeys for letting us use your awesome song, Everybody Knows About Me.
Thank you Dreambirdie for your tips and support.

teej

starryeyes

These are the lyrics:

Everybody Knows About Me

Lyrics by Susan Wenger
Music by Cinder Bridge

http://www.myspace.com/cinderbridge

Here I am again, sitting by the window (Pic taken)
In my small apartment on the second floor
Keep myself occupied by looking at the traffic
As if I've lost the right to ask for more
My body feels like it's moving underwater (Pic taken)
As I lift a cup of coffee to my face (Pic taken)
I think about the things I'd like to try and do today
But somewhere in the middle lose my place

Thick fog hazy brown
The two-ton weights that pull me down (Pic taken)
They don't exist if no one else can see (Pic taken)
Everybody knows about
The failings of the down and out
And everybody knows about me

I had a good job, had some good friends
Had a life I could look forward to (Pic taken)
When I woke up each day (Pic taken)
And then the fog rolled in
Consumed them one by one
'til there was nothing left for it to take away
Sometimes I count it as a victory when I manage
Just to drag my aching body out of bed
The doctors, mystified, could not produce an answer (Pic probably taken)
So they told me it was all in my head (Pic probably taken)

'cause if I wanted to
I could shake this yuppie flu
Straighten out and set myself free (Pic taken)
Anyone can clearly see (Pic taken)
We all choose our own destiny (Pic taken)

Does it make it easier for you
To think there must be something I can do
Rise like a phoenix from the ashes
Of this solitary world

So I remain here, sitting by the window
(Pic taken)
Watching all the people with their lives to live
I would give anything to go outside and join them
But today I don't have anything to give

And still they have no doubt
I'm looking for an easy out
And this is what I wanted secretly
Everyone will have their say
They shake their heads
They walk away
Everybody knows about me
Everybody knows about me

------------------------------------------------
Copyright 2005 Susan Wenger. All rights reserved.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I just finished writing my CFS song. I'm REALLY HAPPY with it! :cool::Retro smile::Retro smile: It flowed out like magic, in just a few hours.

I still have quite a ways to go as far as recording it, which I'm going to attempt to do over the next however long it takes. I don't want to stress out and exhaust myself in the process, so I'm going to take it S-L-O-W. It will get finished when it's finished...
and I'm okay with that. :cool:

Because it may be a while before my song is ready for public consumption, I asked Tee to go ahead and use Cinder's song for the PR video, and I can do another video later down the road with my song. There can't be too many videos on THIS issue! I'm glad Cinder FINALLY got back to us about permission. So now we know that it's all okey dokey with that!

starryeyes

Yay DB. I can't wait to hear your song and I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help you with your video too. You're absolutely right, we can't have too many videos out there about ME/CFS. :D

starryeyes

I was just going through some of my saved videos and I came across this one that someone here had put up back when we were talking about making a group video. Originally we wanted everyone to sing a line to a song, like Cinder's.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN90xB7DswE

ETA:
We didn't receive any video from people for this YouTube video but we might want to use this idea in the future for other videos we may make.

Yay!

I'm looking forward to hearing Dreambirdie's song. And like she (he?) said, there will be more than one video. If it turns out his (her) song works better for this one (and it's ready in time), I'm not going anywhere.

Safe to assume that this video will not be used for the CAA, or to extol the benefits of CBT/GET? Knowing this crowd I'm guessing it won't, but it's always good to check. :)

BTW, I think I misspoke before. My song was inspired by someone male, but it could be about a man OR a woman. I made it gender-nonspecific on purpose, as the person's gender isn't really relevant to the song.

I'm glad e-mail alerts for this thread seem to be working now. Here's hoping they keep working. :)

starryeyes

Cool Cinder. Well, we're going to go ahead and make your video for sure now. :) We are all very against CBT and GET as therapy for our neuro-endocrine-immune-dysfunctional illness also known as ME/CFS so no worries there and no it will not be used for the CAA either.

I'm glad the email alerts are working again. It's good to see you here. :Retro smile:

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Are there people from here planning on sending in pictures? If you are please Reply so we know to expect them. We haven't heard from anybody yet so it's looking like we will be using images from the web.

Hi Tee--

I can send a photo, but don't want to be the ONLY one. Also, I have to wait until my partner returns home and can shoot it for me.

Maybe you should start a thread that CLEARLY expresses A REQUEST FOR PHOTOS FROM FORUM MEMBERS. I'm not sure people really know what you're up to here. It might be helpful if you put the dots close together, so that it's really obvious.

Tammie

I can definitely send a photo (& would very much like to) - just have to get someone to take it first....how soon do you want these?

love the lyrics, btw

and am also looking forward to db's song when it is finished

starryeyes

Great Tammie. We're on CFS time here so there's no definite timetable. I'll alert everyone when we start working on it. Once we start we'll need the pictures.

Remember, if anyone wants to send video of them singing a line let us know.

And Molly, Welcome to the Forum! :balloons: I forgot to Welcome you before.

starryeyes

So far there are only 3 of us willing to put pictures in the YouTube video. I think we're going to need more participation than that if we're going to call this a Phoenix Rising YouTube Video. It's looking like it will just be a CFS video which is okay too. I only want people to participate if they really want to... no guilt allowed! :Retro smile:

And Molly, Welcome to the Forum! :balloons: I forgot to Welcome you before.

Thank you Tee!
:hug:
I know you're proud of me now! Right!?
Everyone get to snappin those cameras!
LOL!
Molly

Tammie

One thing I wanted to mention about this.....I was talking to one of my online CFS friends - wanted to tell her about the song - she said that it would be really good if we could get a diverse grp of people's pictures on the video if at all possible (to show that this is not just a middle aged white female illness).....I realize that this is intended to be a Phoenix Rising video, so we may (or may not) be a more homogeneous grp than CFS patients as a whole, but I did think that was a good point

the friend does not actually come to this site, and she has been one of the Faces of CFS and has also done a utube video re the cognitive issues associated with CFS, so she said that she thinks her pic is probably already out there enough....but she did say that if anyone wants to use it for this, they are welcome to

starryeyes

Yay Molly! :)

Thanks Tammie. Well, if we don't get much participation from here we could ask others to be in it from other forums etc... ahm..but again, it won't be a Phoenix Rising Video then. So far all 3 people are women so that's what we've got. I don't know of too many guys with CFS. I was hoping Cort would be in it though, then it would definitely be a PR video.

Tammie

Yeah, Cort should definitely be in it if it's supposed to represent PR......there are a few guys on this site & there are various ages represented here, don't know if there is any other diversity or not (ethnic/racial anyway - obviously diversity related to other things wouldn't show on a video anyway)

I know that you already started another thread asking for pics, but maybe the title should mention what the pics are for.....don't know, but maybe that would get more responses

I had my friend take some pics of me tonight, so now I just have to figure out which one I like best and get it on the computer