• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just voted! Really pleased to see we're at 5th place (we were in 7th when I went to bed yesterday). A big jump! We've got 909 votes, and are racking up about 150 a day - still room for more but we're doing well. Let them eat turnip! :victory::victory::victory:

Dolphin

These were the figures a few minutes ago when I voted. I thought it would be good if people could start posting them so we see how much PR is gaining:
East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue 3603
American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue 3537
Island Village Childcare 2131
Greyhound Pet Adoption Northwest 1512
Phoenix Rising 930

I reckon the first two are going to fight it out between themselves and get big final numbers.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Bumping... at over 150 votes a day (more if more join in! it's not too late to make a big difference!) and 7 days to go we could get over 1,000 more votes - third place by no means out of reach! Let's keep going! Join in if you haven't already! :victory::victory::victory:

Dolphin

3rd place vs 4th place: $500 vs $250

I reckon PR will come somewhere between 3rd and 5th (but we shouldn't be complacent).

I was slightly unclear about what the prizes were so I just checked:
http://www.igive.com/videocontest/details.cfm

3rd place: $500
4th place: $250.

So a significant difference. Worthwhile pushing a bit more I reckon. For example, more signatures plugging it around PR till the end of November. With a critical mass of signatures plugging it, it should be hard for people to miss/ignore/forget about.

Dolphin

The 3 leaders have fewer votes than a few hours ago!!

The 3 leaders have fewer votes than a few hours ago!!
These were the figures a few minutes ago when I voted. I thought it would be good if people could start posting them so we see how much PR is gaining:
East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue 3603
American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue 3537
Island Village Childcare 2131
Greyhound Pet Adoption Northwest 1512
Phoenix Rising 930
I reckon the first two are going to fight it out between themselves and get big final numbers.
Now it is
East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue 3521
American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue 3369
Island Village Childcare 2010
Greyhound Pet Adoption Northwest 1524
Phoenix Rising 960

Frank

They are cheating:

The response to our first ever Cause Video Contest has been great. Many members have rallied others to join, vote and show their support for their favorite cause. Causes will benefit from these new members every time they shop this holiday season, and onward.

Our auditing has identified individuals who have devised ways of creating false memberships and casting multiple invalid votes. Per the rules of the contest, and those of membership, invalid memberships and voting are not acceptable, and we will adjust the vote count accordingly.

We will continue to monitor, and adjust where necessary, all voting throughout the contest. Vote totals, qualified causes, and submissions may be adjusted during or after the voting period.

Best of luck to all participants.

helen41

Interesting. We rec'd an email this morning from iGive to each family member even tho we opted out of email updates. I guess that was just a check to see which emails bounced back. It's nice that our turnips were validated as straight shooters!

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
I hope they keep cheating!

We keep moving up. We are the Turnips that can :). I think we keep gaining momentum - it looks like we get more votes every day (I'm sending out the other newsletter now - I can just send out 500 at a time)...say we gained 25 votes more each day - we would be racking them by the end of the contest...
:balloons::balloons::balloons:

*GG*

East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue 3407
American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue 3574
Island Village Childcare 2018
Greyhound Pet Adoption Northwest 1526
Phoenix Rising 981

It appears the leaders took a hit due to the "audit"?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Our honest turnips now stand in 5th place with 995 votes - the gap to third place is closing - we're speeding up, I think they're slowing down... :victory::victory::victory:

IntuneJune

We need more votes.

We are now 997......

Those coonhounds have 3600. Geeezzzzz Greyhounds are 1534....in fourth.... but I have a PERSONAL reason we need to pass those hounds......

June

Dolphin

I wonder do those kids in Vinalhaven School (the competition for 3rd place) vote during school time. Maybe we should call in inspectors with our fears about child labor. ;)

Dolphin

Almost exactly 24 hours on from:
East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue 3521
American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue 3369
Island Village Childcare 2010
Greyhound Pet Adoption Northwest 1524
Phoenix Rising 960
it's now:
East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue 3676 +155
American Black and Tan Coonhound Rescue 3484 +115
Island Village Childcare 2062 +52
Greyhound Pet Adoption Northwest 1545 +21
Phoenix Rising 1042 +82

There needs to be a spurt. This time yesterday we needed around +150 more today than third (which time zone is the deadline?). They got 52 more so PR needed around 200 but only got +82. So the amount of votes needed each day for over 5 days for PR is more than 200 I reckon.