• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

Merry

Yes, just saw that Phoenix Rising has had a lot of votes taken away. About half? Seems the same for some others. iGive busy auditing.

Changed my vote.

IntuneJune

8th place

755 votes, in 8th place! Whew, those hounds lost a lot of votes, however, American Coonhounds are still in first..... this IS the rescue organization my son found his coonhound!

Interesting situation here!

June

Tuha

it can never be easy - hopefully it will finish with happy end for us like in sommer with chase community giving competition

Merry

Hey, June, do you have any pull with Coonhound Rescue? Could your son's dog speak to them? Maybe they'd be willing to throw a "bone" our way - a few hundred votes would be nice.

Thanks, Dolphin, for your close attention to the numbers the last few days.

And, Tuha, if you remain confident, I will try to stay calm.

Tuha

And, Tuha, if you remain confident, I will try to stay calm.

I am tranquil. In my country - we say - "The life is not a small button" - it means that the life is not easy. But I stay tranquil and optimistic like always with my glass of wine - it makes the things easier :)

Merry

I am tranquil. In my country - we say - "The life is not a small button" - it means that the life is not easy. But I stay tranquil and optimistic like always with my glass of wine - it makes the things easier :)

Oh, I like that saying. I will write it down; maybe I can use it in a poem.

Yes, it is good to remain tranquil. Conserve energy. Must vote again tomorrow.

urbantravels

disjecta membra
What on earth is going on with that iGive site? Their "auditing" seems a little hinky to me. I think they ought to have been a little bit better prepared for the possibility that supporters of various causes would figure out a way to game the system.

helen41

I just sent this to the iGive contest people
Pheonix Rising has a video in your contest and members have been diligent in voting. Our numbers moved up as we cheered each other on. Knowing we did well, the group decided to support another cause in the hopes we could help them too. Today suddenly we have lost almost half of our votes. A number of us changed our votes, since the rules say the last vote of the day is the one that is counted, yet our vote number continues to drop. I believe if you look at the vote history, you will see there was a consistent, ever increasing number of voters for the cause. I understand there are always some people who cheat, but I do not believe that number was significant in our case, certainly not 50%

the vote count now is at 733

I've been entering contests for the last 18 months- I haven't seen this before. I'm trying my new mantra "small button, small button, small button"

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Thanks Helen I think I will do similar - that's quite a blow at the last minute. Particularly when we they appear to have audited other organizations earlier making up think we were in the free and clear.

The weird thing is that its letting me vote again and again for the PR video - the system appears to be broken.