1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Can You Come for a Visit? My ME/CFS Says No
My daughter and son-in-law just had a baby last week. We are thrilled. But we won't be able to see the baby or hold her any time soon. We won't be able to take over little gifts or help out with housework or babysitting.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Phoenix rising won $300

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by helen41, Nov 13, 2010.

1. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    At the risk of being a naysayer....
    Dolphin, you make me question if we should continue this level of activity. We have a solid $250-who would have guessed we could skyrocket like that??? :Sign Good Job:The chance of getting to $500, assuming 3rd place doesn't get even one more vote, would require 170 votes a day from us. That seems a lot.
    I want to save some of this enthusiasm. There is another group of turnips waiting in the wings, hoping to make an entrance very soon....;)

2. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Yes maybe we should vote for pandora now??

3. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    What a great idea, Leaves. They would get another $150 for only 280 more votes. Now that we can do!!!!

4. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Ok, Helen and leaves, I'll vote for Pandora tomorrow and every day until the end of the contest.

Seems like a good strategy to get more money from this contest for the ME/CFS community.

5. beesknees

beesknees Senior Member

Dont forget to keep voting this weekend. With most people preoccupied with the holiday weekend, it's a perfect chance for us to gain votes.

6. busybee

busybee Senior Member

bump the turnip

7. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    OK - voting for PANDORA til they're safely ensconced!

Helen, your sig is still pointing to the Phoenix Rising video! The PANDORA one is at http://www.igive.com/html/videocontestvote.cfm?vid=78

ETA: They're currently at 46th place with 21 votes. I expect that to change very quickly!

8. helen41

helen41 Senior Member

Sleepy Hollow Canada
    Thanks, Sasha. Fixed

9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune Senior Member

NorthEastern USA
    Pandora's turn

OK, done for today, I forgot.....think it was 25 votes?

So since we cannot overtake those coonhounds, we can call in reinforcements (Pandora) and SURROUND the hounds!!!

I am taking a break from Thanksgiving day preparations..... put my feet up, but the clock does not lie, time to get moving again.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

June

10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    voted for PANDORA, let's get them to the first 18.

People we are now VOTING FOR PANDORA, because it's highly unlikely we will get to the 3rd place.

11. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    Have voted for Pandora does it matter there PR are only 75 votes in front of no 6?

12. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    1st place gets $1,000, 2nd/3rd gets $500, 4th to 8th gets $250 and 9th to 18th gets $150. So as long as we stay at 8th or above, we get $250. If we can get PANDORA to 18th, they get $150.

13. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

Yes,

All these
    would need to pass out
    (or less else ones lower again would need to come up).

14. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I'm continuing to vote for Phoenix Rising. Nothing against Pandora, but the money involved is not that big and I'd rather the time and effort invested so far in what we have voted for not be wasted by letting PR slip back down in the rankings.

15. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
    Gosh

I was distracted this weekend. And I look over here, and you guys are doing my job for me. Thanks.

By the way, as a good example of what the money can do, we printed 1,000 brochures, with stories of people with ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, Gulf War illness and chronic Lyme. The ME/CFS story was Ryan Baldwin. We particularly looked for those who did not fit the stereotype for each illness.

Marly told me last week that she may have to print 1,000 more. I have distributed them to my other clients, such as the city I work for. It's about awareness. Marly has been distributing them also.

You can see what it looks like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pu0Fn1oRN4 (It is pretty large, may take a while to show.)

Thanks.

Tina Tidmore
    P.A.N.D.O.R.A., Inc.
    Communications Director

16. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Just voted for PANDORA - now at 62 votes and 38th place, still possible to rise very very quickly past all those low-vote pet home charities...

17. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Tina,

When I click on the link it takes me to a video with Annie Lennox. Is there another link?

18. IntuneJune

IntuneJune Senior Member

NorthEastern USA
    Pandora at 67 votes at 8:43 EST

19. usedtobeperkytina

usedtobeperkytina Senior Member

Clay, Alabama
  20. shannah

shannah Senior Member

Nice brochure Tina. Thanks.

See more popular forum discussions.