• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phoenix rising won $300

helen41

I posted a video for Phoenix Rising. There are only 17 days left in the contest, so please vote daily. Not all that many people are voting, so we have a good chance of doing well.

http://www.igive.com/videocontest/?vid=69

Hope you like it!
You need to join and give them your name, zip and email. It doesn't mean you are committing to anything. You can opt in or out for email updates. From then on Phoenix Rising will pop up when you log in and voting is simple. The one thing people have noticed is that it is a bit slow and you need to wait for a confirmation of your vote. There is one vote a day allowed per adult person or email address, so more than one person can vote per household.
If we rise to #17 it's worth another $200. (they are at 149 votes- I think this shouldn't be too hard)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Done!

That's brilliant, Helen! Was that a turnip that got sick? The watermelon was clearly upset. I like the way they're all helplessly milling round (that video is deeper than it looks - a metaphor for the state of research, in fact!). :D

I wonder if there's some way of maybe renaming the thread so people realise there's a new video to vote on and that we should vote daily? Maybe something like: New iGive video - vote daily til Nov 30 (or whatever the deadline is).

Thanks for doing this, it's great! :balloons:

helen41

Actually I started life as a grapefruit- sometimes sweet, somtimes acid. Unfortunately, the webcam wasn't focused well and by the time I realized it, it was too late to change.
The title change would probably help, I have no objection if someone knows how to do it.
Frank, it's a daily voting contest- I'll vote 17 times before we're done, so we definitely will win the little prize. I'm hoping if we get together we can aim high!

This got started as a result of another turnip animation for a bigger contest (Neilmed Netipot). I'll post it when I'm done

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The current leader is East Tennessee Bloodhound Rescue - not kidding - with 1254 votes. If just a fraction of people on Phoenix Rising voted for this thing every day for the next 17 days we'd wipe the floor with them. Aren't we worth more than bloodhounds in East Tennessee?

Cort, do you think this is worth doing a brief article on or something to give it a higher profile?

Can't wait to see the other turnip animation!

Merry

Dear Helen,

You are truly generous to use your energy (limited, I'm sure) to make this charming video to help others.

Thank you so much.

I did vote. The first time I clicked on the vote button nothing happened, though. With a second click, after a short pause, a message did appear confirming my vote. I offer this info so that others who participate make sure their votes are counted also.

Thanks again, Helen.

Merry

shannah

I voted earlier so I'm sure that's included in the 9. Like Merry, I had to fiddle a bit to get my vote registered.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I can't believe how many obscure dog rescue charities for obscure dog breeds there are on that site. It will be criminal if we don't win!

The top prize is $1,000 and it's well within reach, folks! This is so, so easy to do. There are also prizes for 2nd ($500), 3rd ($250) and 4th ($125) places. Sooooo easy.

Tuha

I voted. What about to send a simply message to all members of this forum throught notification - then we are sure that everyone will read it. Cort or an administratior has to have an access to it. the people who like this forum could vote

helen41

We made the $50. Just so people know, the rules say votes are one per person and email address per day, so more than one adult at the same address can vote if people have partners willing to help. (There are additional donations for the top 17 entries)

Merry

I voted. What about to send a simply message to all members of this forum throught notification - then we are sure that everyone will read it. Cort or an administratior has to have an access to it. the people who like this forum could vote

Good idea, Tuha. I'm not sure how this is done - sending a notice to everyone. Only Cort or administrators or moderators can do this?

Now that the goal of $50 from early voting has been reached, do we continue to vote every day? Wouldn't it be smart if I would take the time to read the contest rules? All right. That will be my new goal.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Good idea, Tuha. I'm not sure how this is done - sending a notice to everyone. Only Cort or administrators or moderators can do this?

Now that the goal of $50 from early voting has been reached, do we continue to vote every day? Wouldn't it be smart if I would take the time to read the contest rules? All right. That will be my new goal.

I PM'ed Cort to suggest that he mention the new video in XMRV Buzz (it gets a huge number of hits) - after all, what we win on iGive would help fund it! He was offline but I hope he'll consider it. I don't know how possible it would be for him to message everyone.

Merry, we do vote every day. We must remember to keep bumping this thread so everyone will remember!

*GG*

I posted a video for Phoenix Rising. There are only 17 days left in the contest, so please vote daily. Not all that many people are voting, so we have a good chance of doing well.

http://www.igive.com/videocontest/?vid=69

Hope you like it!

Oh, I thought that perhaps you need to be registered to vote. I was having issues. But that is not the case. I finally voted and it has 15 votes?

PS Cute video and thanks for doing the groundwork to help keep this great forum going!