1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Phoenix Rising Website Projects

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects' started by Cort, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    The Phoenix Rising website has alot of potential projects. They include

• Creating an interactive Treatment Review section - Status - underway - Needed - people competent in asp.net/ C#/VB.NET
    • Creating a Physician Review Section - Status - Underway - Needed - no help needed
    • Creating More Information Sections on ME/CFS Topics - Status - ongoing - Needed - People willing to contribute rigorous, objective overviews of ME/CFS topics
    • Creating an ECommerce Section where ME/CFS patients can advertise their products/services - Status - in progress
    • Fix design errors on the website - particularly the header section - Status - no time - Needed - people with knowledge of CSS
    • Logo - Need Logo for Phoenix Rising Forums - Status - blocked - Needed - artistically inclined people
    • Non-profit - Turn Phoenix Rising into non-profit - Status - blocked - Needed - someone with experience in this area
    • Creating a Bringing the Heat Blog/Vbulletin connection - Status - blocked - Needed - people competent in PHP
    • Making Phoenix Rising financially viable - status - somewhat underway - Needed - Ideas and expertise
  2. fresh_eyes

fresh_eyes happy to be here

mountains of north carolina
    Hi Cort. Thanks for that list. Your site here is such a valuable resource for so many. I have all kinds of ideas of people to nominate to write the info sections - the expertise on here is incredible.

I don't have any of the skills needed except maybe the last. Could you give an idea of what it would take to make PR financially sustainable? As you may know, I'm starting a little site for CFS OUT, and I'd like to have it provide support to PR. (Feel free to pm me if that's preferable.) :)

ETA ps I like the "Project Pages" idea from your other post. How do you see that working, technically? That we would start a "Social Group" for each "Project"?
  3. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks Fresh Eyes - I'll pm you. Yes the idea is to put forth ideas for projects - see if you can gather support for them and then, if you wish - create a group to carry them out.
  4. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    That would be great - I'd love to see KDM's protocol in particular. :)

With regards to the gut lets do that together. Feel free to get a start on it.
  5. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Europe
    wow Cort, You got some projects on your mind.

-The chat is here now so that's ok

-"Creating an ECommerce Section", you mean like an auction page? there's a free PHP based program: http://www.webidsupport.com/forums/content.php?8-about

-Maybe you can add "Action global mailing list"

A tip, take it slowly ;-)

See more popular forum discussions.