1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
AVIVA Semi-Finals: National ME/FM Action Network is competing for $100,000
The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing for $100,000 for biomedical research of ME and FM in the Aviva Community Fund contest. With thanks to all who helped, they made it through the first round of voting into the Semi-Finals.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Phoenix Rising tweeting live now from Invest in ME 2014 Conference 30 May

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, May 30, 2014.

1. NK17

NK17 Senior Member

Your guess makes very much sense Mark!

The two Rituximab replication studies are of absolute, tantamount importance!!

Next we need a third one here in the US!!!

By the way thanks for tweeting from the conference;).

Kati likes this.
  2. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards Board Member

I would agree with Mark's anaysis. Getting things published is not always straightforward! The Norwegian team are very generous with discussion of their findings with colleagues and to be honest my interpretation is that what matters is that there is nothing to suggest not going ahead with their bigger trial. The follow up study has been very helpful for planning but it was never going to provide definitive conclusions. Things take time, and usually more time than it seems they should.

I would like to take the opportunity of congratulating IiME and all the delegates at the meeting on such an impressive exercise. This year I attended both the workshop and the open meeting and I feel I am beginning to appreciate the breadth and depth of the quality research going on. And colleagues from other research fields invited this time seemed to be as drawn in to the ME problem as I was last year. It is all still at the stage of elusive clues, but you have an ever expanding team of sleuths on the job. People are getting wise to what they are really looking for and how to look and that to my mind is 80% of the battle.

Mark, Sidereal, Iquitos and 15 others like this.
  3. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    @Sasha Thanks for providing the link to tweets. And thanks to the person who tweeted. Appreciated much.

rosie26 and Sasha like this.
  4. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Thanks very much for reporting back on that - it sounds hugely encouraging.

rosie26 and aimossy like this.
  5. rosie26

rosie26 Senior Member

NZ
  6. Firestormm

Firestormm Guest

Cornwall England
    First conference report published by Dr Ros Valings posted online by Invest in ME 9 June 2014:

aimossy, Esther12, Simon and 6 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.