• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PHD recruitment

leelaplay

thanks levi

I'm not sure who the lead authors of the study are, or what their reputations are, or if this study looks useful (too tired to anayze), but Division of Infection & Immunity, University College London looks good.........

but if it's all reputable

YIPEE LOVE IT

clang clang clang "and they're off"

if:)

ETA ....and this is in the UK!!

Andrew

We will use these assays to measure XMRV load in chronic fatigue patient samples as well as, well but XMRV infected control samples, with a view to establishing whether viral load relates to disease, episodes of illness and/or severity.
This impresses me. They are not simply studying XMRV. They trying to learn how XMRV causes CFS.

cfsme23

Not wanting to put a dampener on things as it is UCL, so very reputable as was said, however there was talk on another thread over on the XMRV forum of it being connected to patients of Simon Wessley or Peter White (can't remember which one now, someone can clarify I am sure) so therefore is likely to be enrolling patients who are fitting the looser description of CFS/ME and will therefore be unlikely to find as much XMRV as perhaps if they took a few of us off here. It's research nonetheless though so we'll see what it brings eh.

joyscobby

original post

I posted this a few days ago under UK research I think will look back and edit it in