Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Phantom Smells

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by acrosstheveil, Aug 30, 2014.

1. acrosstheveil

acrosstheveil Senior Member

I raised my methylfolate dosage yesterday and now I seem to be smelling this musty smell in my room. It has never smelled bad before and no one else smells it. I do not have a mold issue but was exposed to mold about 8 months ago. Anyone else get phantom smells from methylation? Could this be detox?

traray likes this.
  2. Martial

Martial Senior Member

Ventura, CA
    I had similar things happen but it was actually my sinuses that were causing it, it left a weird smell at times I could have sworn was somewhere in a room but was actually in my sinus canals which the methyl folate seemed to trigger. I think it was raised inflammation from de tox that just made me more hyper acute of the fungus type stuff that was in there.

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Weird smells can have multiple triggers. It could be neurological, or it could be that you have become more sensitive than normal. We desensitize to common smells and no longer smell them. If they are new to you it may take time to desensitize.

4. Critterina

Critterina Senior Member

Arizona, USA
    I just read a book where the author and people she reports on experience familiar smells associated with deceased persons who are visiting them. Thought it was curious that the person who started this thread was @acrosstheveil ! :)

5. acrosstheveil

acrosstheveil Senior Member

interesting. I haven't had any relatives die lately so I don't think that is the cause. I think it may be mast cell related.

See more popular forum discussions.