1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Personality profile of chronic fatigue syndrome patients and the alternative five factor model

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Bob, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    I've only read the abstract. It's the usual utter nonsense. Just posting it here for reference.

Spain

Personality profile of chronic fatigue syndrome patients and the alternative five factor model
    M. Gomà-i-Freixanet, N. Sáez-Francàs, S. Valero, N. Calvo, M. Casas
    April 2014
    Available online 12 March 2014
    Personality and Individual Differences. Volume 60, Supplement, April 2014, Pages S64.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886913005631

Abstract:
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Valentijn and Esther12 like this.
  2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Its annoying they spend money on bullshit like this.. this is the equalivant of doing a study on cancer patients and then saying they are more neurotic. Maybe we do worry about things more but we have too.. overdo things and we can end up having to spend a week or two in bed!!
    Iquitos, AndyPandy, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    Iquitos, Bob, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  4. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    who wouldn't be neurotic with that bunch of fud-brained gasbags constantly talking gibberish-piddle :p
    madietodd, peggy-sue, Iquitos and 3 others like this.
  5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    I wonder what the results would be for psychobabblers.
  6. SilverbladeTE

SilverbladeTE Senior Member

Somewhere near Glasgow, Scotland
    Well:

[​IMG]

but also:
    ~hung like a hamster

and also this:

[​IMG]

:wide-eyed::D
  7. Ren

Ren ...

I thought extrovertism was more prominent and accepted in Latin cultures, while introvertism was more prominent and accepted in, for example, Japan and Scandinavian countries. What kind of cultural judgements are researchers in Spain making? How are they normalising and enforcing "Extrovert Imperialism"? :D

Sigh... In other news, scientists discover that when severely injured, bears mysteriously retreat to their caves and growl when repeatedly poked with sharp sticks...
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  8. Ambrosia_angel

Ambrosia_angel Senior Member

England
    I only became neurotic after becoming 90% bedbound. Before that I was happy and ambitious with no problems except occasional boredom.
    peggy-sue, Beyond and Min like this.
  9. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    A personality profile of 'researchers' who insist on 'researching' complete nonsense would be interesting. I

f an illness makes you housebound, takes all your energy and leaves you in dreadful pain it is not rocket science to realise that it would also leave you more introverted and concerned about your health than before.
    peggy-sue, Iquitos, Ren and 2 others like this.
  10. Beyond

Beyond 10% of discount in iHerb!--> PEZ915

Murcia, Spain
    No one will research the researchers I fear...
  11. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    It is well known that 80% of psychology students show very high neuroticism scores.:alien:
    They are not a "normal" population to start off with.

Yet psychology students are normally the subjects for such research.:cautious:

This was the opening gambit from one of my psychology lecturers, on the matter of Eysenk and his personality theory.
    Ambrosia_angel, Min, Roy S and 2 others like this.

See more popular forum discussions.