Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Personal injury lawyers in the UK are 'onto' PACE

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Countrygirl, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    The name of these solicitors are familiar to me in the context of ME. I think they must have experience of representing people with ME.

Time for a class action suit?

https://www.roydswithyking.com/pace-trial-scandal-me-cfs/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
    Cornishbird, Kenshin, L'engle and 7 others like this.
  2. Countrygirl

Countrygirl Senior Member

UK
    I note that the solicitor has made an error in that he claims tht NICE have removed GET from the guidelines. It may place some pressure on them to do so................(and pigs might fly, of course :rolleyes: )

sb4, alkt and MEMum like this.
  3. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I just wrote to Royds Withy King personal injury solicitors asking for a clarification of the circumstances under which an ME/CFS patient treated with GET / CBT could start a law suit. With their permission, I will post up their reply.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    You have no idea how long I waited for this!! Until lawyers get involve we will not be taken as serious, I hope plp start suing if possible, and this never happens to another disease EVER again!!! and some plp loose licenses, institutions penalized and the money returned for real biological research.... One can dream.

5. Hip

Hip Senior Member

I seem to remember some stories of children under 16 with ME/CFS who were taken away from their parents (against their parents' will), and forced to do GET and CBT in hospital by psychologists woking under Prof Esther Crawley, and then when the forced physical exercise made their ME/CFS much worse, Crawley's crew just abandoned the child, and pretended that the deterioration in ME/CFS was nothing to do with their dangerous GET treatment.

These sort of cases might be prime material for a no-win no-fee personal injury case.

MEMum, PatJ, sb4 and 3 others like this.
  6. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Royds Withy King kindly replied to my email, and outlined the sort of circumstances in which litigation regarding a harmful medical treatment you received would be possible:

MEMum, PatJ, sb4 and 2 others like this.
  7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    God will provide at least one case! I have waited too long for justice not to be able
    To find a few people that have a case.
    Please please Please if you are one of those plp, take one for the team!

MEMum, Mel9 and Hip like this.

See more popular forum discussions.