• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Person with sleep issues ends up being medically detained indefinately

taniaaust1

Warning..this article is very disturbing and another scary case of the power of the medical profession when it comes to a hospital http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/pa...tention-and-forced-medication-case-in-alaska/

Abuse like this needs to be stopped. Hospitals shouldnt be allowed to stop people getting second medical opinions etc and keep someone detained like this. This is happening through out the world and is a threat to us all.

Last edited:

*GG*

Warning..this article is very disturbing and another scary case of the power of the medical profession when it comes to a hospital http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/pa...tention-and-forced-medication-case-in-alaska/

Abuse like this needs to be stopped. Hospitals shouldnt be allowed to stop people getting second medical opinions etc and keep someone detained like this. This is happening through out the world and is a threat to us all.

Welcome to more hope and change, hopefully the people of the USA and other countries wake up to the repercussions of giving up our rights, natural and via law! I own my F*ing body, not you! The individual before the "collective" garbage!!

GG

South

I just dug up an email address for some kind of public relations office at that hospital and gave them an earful.

That despicable hospital is called
Providence Alaska Medical Center, the location in Anchorage
3200 Providence Dr Anchorage, AK 99508

Google maps (a website) and Yelp (another website) are widely used by people choosing services. Both of those sites display reviews of the businesses. That hospital is shown on both of these websites.

Anyone can write a review about a business on those two sites. I've never signed up with Google maps, but have signed up with Yelp in the past, so it would be a simple thing for me to put a clear review on Yelp about this location of this hospital, with link to the article explaining what is happening within the walls of that place. Maybe I will.

taniaaust1

I just dug up an email address for some kind of public relations office at that hospital and gave them an earful.

Good on you. At least they know now they are making quite a name for themselves! Without public outrage, hospitals will keep doing what they like.

There is another child "probable" medical kidnapping case below, harder to know in a case like that, I signed it anyway as her story is believable to me (Ive struck so many doctors missing my diagnoses that its extremely believable that doctors are getting diagnoses wrong due to their GOD complexes making them not want to check other diagnoses given before. I think a lot more of this stuff is going on then people realise. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/436/034/495/please-help-bring-my-babies-home/#

oh for some reason thou it says Ive signed it.. my name isnt appearing on the petition. I guess cause I put links in my comments highlighting the other cases of medical kidnapping so its probably gone to their mods to check my links arent spam first.