Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Persistent pain in neck/ears/throat

Discussion in 'Pain and Inflammation' started by bspg, Nov 25, 2017.

1. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    For months now I've been suffering from constant pain in my neck/ear/throat area. Its hard to describe because it's not exactly in any one of those places but sort of all over. Its a constant, intense, dull ache.

The pain seems to originate in/under the floor of my mouth and somewhere inside my neck and throat, maybe where the eustachian tubes end? Its deep enough in there that I can't poke it directly with my finger--this is why it's so hard to describe where it's coming from.

Does anyone here experience the same or know what I'm talking about? I'm starting to really worry. NSAIDS don't touch it and stronger pain meds only provide minimal relief. I'm suffering constantly :(

2. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

pattismith likes this.
  3. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    Its possible. Are there nodes located that deeply? And is it common in ME for lymph node swelling to persist for many months?

4. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

I think so. See this article.
    Yes. See the reports in this thread.

bspg and MastBCrazy like this.
  5. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Do you have white tongue or bumps in the roof of your mouth?
    As CFSers we forget that our inmune system is low so we are
    Prompt to non Cfs related infections. So you might need to go get it check ( if it has not direct Cfs reason but another infection).

6. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    Yes. I have bumps in the roof of my mouth and soft palate. They never go away.

Attached Files:

7. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    My Bumps were coasaxie 2 infection but they did not look like that, they were smaller and dry. I think you have ahould be seen by doctor.

8. bspg

bspg Plant Queen

USA
    I have. They said it was just part of a viral infection and nothing to worry about :(

9. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    so they didn't test you for all the coaxakie (b1 to b9 I think). Do you have acid reflux also?
    My bumps went away (and throat issues) with equilibrant supplement (but have to start super low and slowly increase). By the way this also took care of the Parvo virus infection I had (my joints hurt really bad on hands and fingers).
    I don't think you can cure the enteroviral infection (cosxaxie b2), but mine keeps in check with 2 pills a day.

10. andyguitar

andyguitar Senior Member

South east England
    Can take a while for node to shrink. Happens in healthy people to so not just in ME/CFS.

See more popular forum discussions.