Phoenix Rising tells QMUL: release the PACE trial data
Mark Berry, Acting CEO of Phoenix Rising, presents the Board of Directors’ open letter to Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) urging them to release the PACE trial data, and hopes that other non-UK organisations will join British charities in the same request...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Persistent Immune Activation in CVID and the Role of IVIg in its Suppression

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Ema, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    As it becomes more and more likely that MECFS is about inflammation and inappropriate immune system activation rather than pathogen load per se, this research on IVIG in CVID looks to be extremely applicable.

Full text here:

SOC, heapsreal and minkeygirl like this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Ah but then you have to get a doc with a brain to RX it.

3. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    And an insurance company to pay for it...even more unlikely unfortunately at least until more/better studies are done.

4. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I think theres more an autoinflammatory aspect of cfsme more so than autoimmune which is commonly mentioned. Autoinflammatory diseases seem to have issues with their innate immune system causing systemic inflammation which seems to happen in many cfsers where autoimmune have more issues with adaptive immunity??

alkt likes this.
  5. anilla

anilla

San Francisco, California
    hi everyone,
    i'm new here. I have both diagnosed ME and diagnosed CVID. i get IVIg infusions every four weeks. they help a little with the fatigue, but not a lot. the only thing the infusions really help me with is not getting infections.

6. valentinelynx

valentinelynx Senior Member

Tucson
    I have CVID that developed in recent years, as a consequence of whatever ME/CFS/Lyme/Bartonella has been doing to my body for the past 24 years. I also have several odd autoantibodies. My very smart persistent doctor has convinced the insurance companies to allow me to receive IVIG. Unfortunately I probably need more than they will allow to adequately treat the autoimmune issues. But at least it is helping my immune system to function.

See more popular forum discussions.