Review: 'Through the Shadowlands’ describes Julie Rehmeyer's ME/CFS Odyssey
I should note at the outset that this review is based on an audio version of the galleys and the epilogue from the finished work. Julie Rehmeyer sent me the final version as a PDF, but for some reason my text to voice software (Kurzweil) had issues with it. I understand that it is...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Peroxynitrite: biochemistry, pathophysiology and development of therapeutics

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by nanonug, Apr 23, 2012.

1. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
  2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    I think my brain needs to be plugged in for a charge before I contemplate reading that.

hixxy

3. nanonug

nanonug Senior Member

Virginia, USA
    Agreed, it is a tough article to read. I have myself only read it "diagonally". I posted it because I think it is very relevant to our understanding of ME.

4. SOC

SOC Senior Member

5. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    The one thing about the pall protocll is that, the recommended supplements cover so many bases that they could cause improvement in almost any illness regardless of being a NO/ONOO- cycle disease or not. So the jury is certainly still out on that theory I think. I've noticed the yahoo support group for The Tenth Paradigm is virtually dead now too.

hixxy

6. SOC

SOC Senior Member

I agree, it covers a lot of bases. There is some thought that his protocol works by fixing methylation blocks rather than by the NO/ONOO- theory Dr Pall puts forward. I'd agree that the jury is still out. Still, whatever it's doing, the protocol does seem to be of some benefit.

7. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    Funny you say that. I believe at some point Dr Pall believed the methylation treatmented worked because it downregulated the NO/ONOO- cycle.

Gotta love scientists and doctors protecting their theories!

hixxy

8. SOC

SOC Senior Member

Yes, I've heard the same. :D I think the necessary supplements are essentially the same in the two protocols. It's just the theories about why it works that are different.

9. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    Except in the case of those that require methyb12. This just blows Pall's theory to pieces.

10. SOC

SOC Senior Member

Good point. Maybe one theory will prove true, maybe the other, or quite possibly neither. I don't have a dog in this race, so I'm open to any of these outcomes. :D

11. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    For me, I'm still rooting for the pathogen hunt! I don't believe any of the rest will do much good until then.

hixxy

12. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I believe this is one of the areas that Dr. Pall (if he is a doctor) and richvank butt heads and go down a different path. I'm not sure about this, but I'm sure richvank would be interested in it since it is part (or plays a part) in the methylation cycle. Hopefully he can summarized it for us, so that I do not blow a fuse on it. Thanks

13. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    I'm fairly sure Martin Pall is a PHD of Biochemistry. Not a medical doctor.

Is Pall even working on these theories anymore? Haven't heard anything new from him in a fair while.

See more popular forum discussions.