1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

peroxide in nasal spray??

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by heapsreal, Jul 14, 2013.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Anyone had success with adding peroxide to saline and use for saline flushes, said to be good at killing infections??:ill:
  2. Gypsy

Gypsy Senior Member

USA
    Hi!

I don't have any experience with peroxide, but wondered if you ever tried this nasal spray called SinuOrega? (Oreganol P73 Nasal Spray). I have used it, and it feels like it definitely opens up the nasal passages and it is supposed to be a natural antibacterial/viral. Iherb sells it, since I can tell you shop there :)
  3. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Gypsy no I haven't used it. Theres s few sprays I find open up sinuses but after something that helps with infections. I will look into what you have mentioned. Thanks.
  4. LaurieL

LaurieL Senior Member

Midwest
    Peroxide is an oxidant, meaning it creates free radicals in which the supposed bacteria or fungii are killed, but it also creates free radicals in which also take out some of the normal cells as well. Peroxide used to be the medical establishments recommendation to use on minor cuts and abrasions when trying to disinfect. But unfortunately what they found is that the free radicals created, (like the oxidative burst of in vivo cells encountering infectious agents) is that the free radical production interferes with healing, and it actually takes longer to heal normal tissues.

Perhaps this might be something to consider, especially those in which are having problems with ROS and healing.

Another consideration is the capablility of bacteria in response to oxidative products. And that is toxin production. In producing toxins, this allows the bacteria to persist in an oxidative environment, because of the oxidants ability to compromise normal tissues, allowing it to spread further into damaged tissues.

LaurieL
    Little Bluestem likes this.
  5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    I think im clutching at straws as i dont think any spray/rinse will reach where the infections are ie frontal sinuses. I think i need to treat the neutropenia, dont see doc till early sept and will have blood work before i see him.

cheers!!

See more popular forum discussions.