Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Perfume

Discussion in 'Hypersensitivity and Intolerance' started by Daffodil, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

have you seen the price of vanilla beans? lol

2. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

ohhhh. then its doable...:)

xo

3. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

lol its not me unless it becomes complicated. I guess I got the right disease

Valentijn likes this.
  4. Mij

Mij Senior Member

@Daffodil look around for online stores that sell 'samples'. You can buy 4-5 drops of Vanilla absolute etc for a few dollars instead of the whole bottle. It does get very expensive when you buy the whole bottle.

Daffodil likes this.
  5. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Senior Member

Vancouver, British Columbia
    I love Saje products!

Mij likes this.
  6. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    @Daffodil, I think you'll find the best prices for essential oils on eBay:
    https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xessential oils.TRS0&_nkw=essential oils&_sacat=0

Just make sure that you are buying real essential oils, not perfume oils. Be sure to check buyer feedback, the negative kind, such as "Smell like cheap perfume & not essential oils." I think there are some real iffy sellers from China. You can buy sets of essential oils for less money than buying them one at a time.

Here is the same search with sellers only from North America listed:
    https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_fro...ils&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=3&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

I had never heard of them before. I looked them up and saw they had tons of stores around Toronto. they did not carry vanilla though

8. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Thanks! the only thing is....shipping to Canada is always a lot more than the product is worth....

xoxox

Valentijn likes this.
  9. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

I ordered some rosemary oil and spray bottles. I will mix rosemary and lavender and lemon and vodka and put it in there and leave it at that for now LOL. if you knew how much I spent on frivolous stuff this month I would be humiliated. getting better has made me act weird....like I want to live again and stuff....buy stuff...look nice..etc. I forgot how much money it takes

10. CFS_for_19_years

USA
    Mij, Valentijn and Subtropical island like this.
  11. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

12. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

thanks @CFS_for_19_years !!! so I just bought 6 oils for less than $13. $1 to ship. that's the price of 1 in other places so I am not sure how these can work....but they have excellent reviews on amazon USA. I don't get it.

well I guess I am on my way to making perfume!

Mij, Valentijn and CFS_for_19_years like this.
  13. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@CFS_for_19_years I see you can get diffuser necklaces for like $2 on ebay too. I feel pretty dumb for not looking here .. I am usually very thorough

14. CFS_for_19_years

USA
    No, there are many reputable sellers on eBay that will give you the best prices available. Just be sure to read some of the negative feedback and be sure that your seller has at least 98% positive feedback. Here are some more sets:
    https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odk...ils set.TRS0&_nkw=essential oils set&_sacat=0

Daffodil and Valentijn like this.
  15. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

@Daffodil - The other thing to especially pay attention to is recent feedback. Some people will set up an account, sell good cheap products honestly for a while, get the good ratings, then start a rip-off campaign. So it's a little extra risk buying directly from sellers ... though going via Amazon and such can offer extra protections against that.

Daffodil likes this.
  16. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@CFS_for_19_years thanks for the advice....so i looked at the ArtNaturals oils on ebay and they also have an official website. If you go to "pure essential oils"....the prices are so low, that it seems impossible. How can it be good quality? One set of 16 oils is only $29. There has to be a catch:

https://artnaturals.com/essential-oils/pure-essential-oils/

EDIT: ok those are the regular prices for this stuff in USA and the site is american so thats why lol

In Canada, the price is more than double for these things

17. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

@Valentijn yes amazon is awesome. They will take over the world lol

if they havent already

Valentijn likes this.
  18. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

hmm..it appears the 2 top brands. doTERRA and Young Living...are sold through multi level marketing..like Avon?..a lot of people are saying they are way over priced.

i think the reason i think this hobby is expensive is because i spent 1/2 the day yesterday looking at Vanilla, which is extremely pricey

xoxo

19. Mij

Mij Senior Member

@Daffodil some might be 3-5% dilution oils, these are more affordable. They should disclose this on their auction.

Valentijn likes this.
  20. IThinkImTurningJapanese

IThinkImTurningJapanese Moderator

Japan
    Oh yes! They are imported here also.

But you don't need much. That recipe I gave was an extract for cooking, but with it's alcohol content you could probably use it for your purposes.

The info that's been posted about blending perfumes is excellent, but expensive as you've noticed. However, if you start with what you've got, you will probably get a better understanding of this whole subject.

As you stop using synthetic perfumes your sense of smell will really open up. Take time to really smell the roses, so to speak, and you may find that this hobby enriches your life. :D

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Daffodil likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.